skinny conference on the future of music

Records, publishing, shop etc.
ravanwin

skinny conference on the future of music

Post by ravanwin » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:40 pm

Hello: I have an extra seat reserved for an interested forest person. it should be a good event. The Details are below but you should look on the skinny site for more specifics. First person to say: interested is in.
r

Dear Attendee,

I'm writing with final confirmation that the seats you requested for The Skinny ON:07 The Challenge of the New Reality have been reserved.

It's shaping up to be a really great event and has generated a massive amount of interest, with every seat in the Hall now taken. We have a number of inspiring speakers both on stage and amongst the audience, an audience that includes key figures from the music industry, academia and the press.

The conference starts at 4pm sharp - please try and make it to the venue half an hour before this to allow us time to get everyone seated; assemble in the Balcony Bar in the Teviot Building next door - there will be clear signage to direct you to the right place (we've also attached a map to help you find it). Free refreshments will be provided in the interval.

Thank you for your interest, The Skinny team look forward to meeting you there.

--
The Skinny
http://www.skinnymag.co.uk

Jimmy Bastard

Post by Jimmy Bastard » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:53 pm

I'm on board.
Pep Up The Turmoil

thehemulen

Post by thehemulen » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:18 pm

what date is that? let me know your findings!
"If something is boring after two minutes, try it for four. If still boring, then eight. Then sixteen. Then thirty-two. Eventually one discovers that it is not boring at all." --John Cage.

dan

Post by dan » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:55 pm

hey i have extra one and maybe two tickets for this today if anyone wants? Someone will have to pretend to be me for it. My surname is Gorman. And if anyone asks, I don't eat raw onions. Please use ticket!!
D xx
Our big brother's got no heart,
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:05 pm

when is it

dan

Post by dan » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:07 pm

4pm today x
Our big brother's got no heart,
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:20 pm

they say we should go by 3.30.

spencer will be dan gorman.

dan - do you still have one more ticket?
r

thehemulen

Post by thehemulen » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:40 pm

so...what is the future of music?
"If something is boring after two minutes, try it for four. If still boring, then eight. Then sixteen. Then thirty-two. Eventually one discovers that it is not boring at all." --John Cage.

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:33 pm

well on the part of recording industry they are trying to find a way of making as much money as they can whist making it seem as it is free .

one idea is put a tax on broadband providers which will really be payed by us .they have a point with this ,as if they is no content no the internet and thus no money for the ISP . but at the same time not all content is illegal .i guess this will be done with legislation , lobbied by very powerfull

i felt personally the presentation was more suited to record industry excs , as a lot of the info was out of date about 6 years . so am not sure if we got the future of music ,

Jimmy Bastard

Post by Jimmy Bastard » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:11 am

a lot of talk about musicians getting paid by high ranking middle-men missing their cut.
some interesting extrapolations
the cost of legitimately filling a 60gig iPOD hitting up the same price as a Jaguar but being impossible to insure.
the proposed models for generating renumeration for artists were sketchy at best and it still sounded like all the loot was going to Bono and not Johnny Indie.
Pep Up The Turmoil