Willing Volunteer at the ready!

ruairidh

Willing Volunteer at the ready!

Post by ruairidh » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:46 pm

You'll have to wait a while but when I finally get to Edinburgh I'd like to volunteer my services in whatever way I can, here's a brief C.V:

Fairly good computer skills, I'm currently studying for a CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) and so am capable of setting up small to intermediate networks, either wireless or switched.
I'm very active on several computer security communities and am a staff member of a few. I am also due to be published in the popular I.T security magazine "Hackin9" with an article on ARP Poisoning.
I have experience with Debian,Ubuntu and Windows.

Languages:

-Native language is English
-Speak and write fluent french
-Speak reasonable German, writing takes a little longer.

Business Sense:

I currently run an online business aimed at Teenage Expats in the style of popular social networking sites such as Myspace or Facebook.
I have been published in several newspapers, a few of which in Scotland. After being contacted by the Scottish Press Agency I was published in Metro and the Greenock Telegraph.

Other than that I'm more than happy to get my hands dirty, enjoy working in a team and have a good sense of humour!

Wasn't sure what the protocol was on submitting an application so I submitted a C.V, hope you don't think I'm being full of myself :P.

Anyway, it'll be either Easter or July when I move, I'll keep you posted should you be interested.

Regards,

Ruairidh
Hello there!

swithun

Post by swithun » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:09 pm

Welcome Ruairidh. Soon you'll be able to add burrito rolling skills to your CV.

ruairidh

Post by ruairidh » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:10 pm

Hehe this will be interesting!

Did the cheese debate get sorted?
Hello there!

swithun

Post by swithun » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:25 pm

Oh yes - the great cheese debate of 2006. I'd almost forgotten that it used to be different. Now we leave the cheese out of the inside, and just put it on top, unless it is a vegan one.

ruairidh

Post by ruairidh » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:27 pm

Hehe, argh it's driving me mad that I'm not in Edinburgh already, I want to get stuck in!
Hello there!

lucky

Post by lucky » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:09 pm

Whenever you arrive please come say hi. All you need to do is speak to someone in the kitchen, preferably a Kitchen Manager (between 10am and 7pm) and they'll be able to sort you out.

Advanced welcomes to Edinburgh!

A*
Bohnenflaschen!

ruairidh

Post by ruairidh » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:41 pm

Hehe thanks :D

I should be in Edinburgh on March 26th though might come in a week or so later once I've got everything sorted!
Hello there!

ruairidh

Post by ruairidh » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:35 pm

Sorry to spam a wee bit guys but I'll be attending the party thing that's happening this saturday with a mate, providing he's up for it.

Looking forward to meeting you all, but I won't know what you look like! Watch out for a teenager in a russian greatcoat :D
Hello there!