The NEW FOREST EP!!!!!!...its the future

Records, publishing, shop etc.
Gandhi

The NEW FOREST EP!!!!!!...its the future

Post by Gandhi » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:36 pm

I talked a while ago about my plan to do a forest EP (3 or 4 songs) in 1 night. yes thats right 1 night
The idea is to have a big party, musicians on stage, people shouting out ideas for songs and shouting what the next lyric will be etc etc. Well everyone seemed to like the idea, and I would like to organise it properly now. (we thought about doing it at Blender 2 but had too much other great shit going down)
We have the recording equipment, we have the ideas and talent from a plethora of weird, wacky, genius songwriters/poets/storytellers/musicians/random weirdos and I think we can come up with some great tunes :? . You can do as much as you want on the night...sit back and laugh at the crazyness, come up and sing, shake a marracca etc etc. I want to get as many people involved.
However I do think there should be a set bunch of musicians (not singers) on stage so we can get a good sounding backing track to the wacky songs, and it will give it a bit more consistency and allow us to make music faster...

The simple fact is:
We will probably create a number 1 hit! in Syberia...I'm not afraid to say it, coz I believe it :D

Well if people are still up for it then I shall start the ball rolling, organising the musicans and a date in the Forest.

ideas etc...POST HERE :D :D
It's like God's vagina!

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:10 pm

was just thinking about this the other day - big support from ryan.

nix

Post by nix » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:47 am

Do it, Andy!

DO IT!

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:45 pm

Nice one!

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:25 am

Bonjour.
Right, I need some ideas of when this should happen.

Some have suggested that it should be a Volunteer party and others say it should be just on a random night.

I'm not sure which is best. Having it on a Volunteer night would be great as we can guarantee no plebs who would ruin the fun....but...Im not a volunteer! (haven't been for a while but will try and do something soon..sorry).

I do like the idea that people visiting the cafe for the first time could be part of something so random and fun. They can tell their mates they went to a crazy place and recorded a song. Not only is that cool, but it gonna bring people back to the place...if just to buy a copy of the songs (and obviously for the burritos).

Should we sell the songs? Me thinks so, they will be good and less amateur than you might think. People will want to hear themselves and show there mates! All money goes back to the Forest obviously.

I have plenty of musicians up for it and a very good sound engineer so just need a date.

So....Vollie night (remember a lot of the musicains aren't vollies) or normal (ish) night?

I am also thinking. This should be run as a full event. A big party. songwriting, bands, then DJ etc? Exploding DJ? I will do all poster making etc and advertising.

As I'm not around the Forest as much as I used to I'm not sure what the vibe (sorry for the hippy word..yuck) is at the moment. You want a mega event, or a small event? Liquor Licence or no liquor Licence? upstairs, downstairs? Over a weekend, bands and Dj's one night, song making the next?

Any help with these matters would be very much appreciated. Thanks guys.
It's like God's vagina!

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:19 pm

i think a normal night would be cool. the vibe will be what it is but no, we probably won't aim of a license for this but maybe if it works well we can add it to our repertoire of amazing things to do when having a great weekend.

go for it.

laura

Post by laura » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:28 pm

coolio hoolio.
I'll come in when possible and have a chat about it and check out the events book.
they call us winsome, but we're just hopeless

laura

Post by laura » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:30 pm

sorry didn't realise Laura was logged on...this and that was me Gandhi
they call us winsome, but we're just hopeless

nix

Post by nix » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:09 pm

when is this happening..

lets make it big and good!

let me know, I'll be your bitch.

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:31 pm

On the case Nix, I'll speak to you about it soon. Would appreciate the help.
It's like God's vagina!