Present: Sam, Tim, Shannon, Nix, Harry and Michal
1. Food Not Bombs
- Here is the scoop:
'Food Not Bombs addresses food wastage and over consumption by providing free food to anyone and everyone who wants it. We are a community of people redistributing food to the community, food which
would otherwise be wasted. Food Not Bombs encourages community over isolation, sustainability over mindless waste, and brussel sprout soup over hunger! We aim to hold a monthly Food Not Bombs in locations round Edinburgh, accompanied by our loyal friend the Free Shop, distributing clothes and other useful items.
Food Not Bombs is fairly cost-free (by definition) but there are some things we need to make a fully efficient mobile kitchen.
Gas Cooker ??pounds (could look on Freecycle, Ebay..) approx £15
Washing up bowls £2
Supplementary items eg. Spices, stock. Washing up liquid, sanitiser. £10-15
Cutlery, plates, etc,
At the moment we have most of the stuff we need thanks to various other organizations chipping in but maybe if the funds are out there and we are keen to do this long term it would be worth assembling a full mobile kitchen of our very own which we could take to demos, lend to worthy causes etc.
- They used the Forest kitchen for their first event on Buy Nothing Day in November. They would like to keep using the Forest kitchen for cooking (Saturday morning, once per month, finished before 10am)
- Originally they wanted to apply for a grant, but we realised working as a Forest-affiliated project might be better. They will borrow spices and oil from the kitchen instead of buying a whole stock of their own and would like to use the photocopier to print fliers. The fliers will say something like 'supported by Forest.'
- Shannon will ask Dan about his kitchen equipment to see if there is anything that might be of use for Food Not Bombs.
- Nix to ask Kim if he might have a propane stove which could be donated.
- £30 okayed from Action budget for equipment if other options are exhausted.
- Shannon will make sure building is opened for them Saturday morning.
- It is planting season... Put word out that people/work is needed.
- Nix to ask Blue what he wants as his involvement to be this year. Ie: are people free to change and design, or does he still have a plan?
- No more compost until the bins are sorted. They are full right now and need to be turned. It will take a few people at least a few hours. Nix will ask Jess and Kate if they are able to sort this.
- Yay for Chris and the workshop poster!
- Is Dorkbot a workshop and do they want to make a poster advertising/be included on the next workshop poster? Unclear about their status and how it fits in the Action room, but they are cooool.
- Michal is planning on starting a wood carving workshop but is still looking for wood to use. He has the tools he needs already.
4. Action Room
- It's getting there. Ryan is getting the book sorted so workshops and working groups will have priority. Computers are coming and will be great.
- Need bookshelves: Nix and Michal to do it within the month.
- Infoshop: start looking for good stuff. In the hall or in the room? We would prefer it in the room if there is space, but the foyer next to the room will work if necessary. CCTV as a deterrent up there? No one is seriously opposed to it.
- No Graeme present, but a poster has been sorted and an email address that goes to Graeme.
- Alex says he will fix and paint the bike he borrowed.
- Jake and Will are interested in helping with the bike maintenance workshops if they start up again. Shannon to put them in touch with Graeme.