Forest BB

The digital grapevine of The Forest.
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:52 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: the festival 08
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:29 pm
Posts: 817
ok EAF are starting to get the ball rolling for this august. Martin went to a meeting a while back.

It would be good i think if we could start discussing what we would like to put on in the gallery in the festival this year and whether we want to be a part of the Edinburgh Art Festival and/or the annuale. This will be an advantage because discussing it in advance will mean we have a better chance of making it really good bearing in mind this could well be our last festivla in this location.

dates: 31st july-31st august

putting on shows as normal would mean only 2 2 week slots- should we instead make 4 1 week slots? should we theme the shows or, ideally put on something very innovative in both style and format? lets brainstorm some ideas.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:26 pm
Posts: 2643
Location: insitu
any ideas on this ? what they could do they did are interested in doing stuff again , could be good .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:57 pm
Posts: 769
Location: your moms house
some wacky interactive art would be good to stay in keeping with the crazyness of the month

_________________
It's like God's vagina!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:50 am
Posts: 2638
Location: heartland
i think it would be cool to be part of annuale, they are good people and raise profile of diy stuff.. i dont know what EAF is really but that could be good too..

i think we should aim at the most fucked up sculptural stuff possible, of a high quality. and be very organised.

_________________
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:29 pm
Posts: 817
i think finding out what WTCDTD are up to is a good idea-

Have they booked out the gallery for a week again?

personally, although i liked what they did in the building last year, i didn't think they would have missed the gallery very much if it wasn't available to them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:29 pm
Posts: 817
and yes i agree with the annuale- i'm going to try to find out some details about that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:29 pm
Posts: 817
3rd of march for the edinburgh art festival info.

they are also enquiring what our themes for the summer may be....

no point in cobbling something together just to get in the listings though


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:26 pm
Posts: 2643
Location: insitu
i guess our theme is our ongoing objectives of visual arts working group . you could quote the flyer . this may seems a bit boring , but it really puts us firmly in present situation of which we are,


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:29 pm
Posts: 817
will do.


what about doing the obligatory elitist annual members show?

would be quite funny since we have no actual members.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:26 pm
Posts: 2643
Location: insitu
what are they going to do with this info? i guess we could have some fun with it .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:29 pm
Posts: 817
ok the info is due in tomorrow by 5.

i've filled in the form with a generic exhibition called "TotalKunst" running for the length of the festival, supported by the text:

"TotalKunst is an open access, artist led initiative run by the forest visual arts working group. The Forest is a non-profit charity organisation which offers artists and other creatives the chance to exhibit and develop their work through the provision of space and facilities.

TotalKunst will be holding various exhibitions and events throughout the Edinburgh Art Festival."

could do with a bit of sprucing up. I will go ahead and email this with the logo as supporting image unless anyone suggests improvements.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:29 pm
Posts: 817
sent


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:26 pm
Posts: 2643
Location: insitu
cool , i think we need a meeting abut this very soon, get on the same page . some interesting ideas, a new idea is to book as normal . wiht one week slots . everyone is doing something special so we could be business as usual. apart from the slots .



we also i think need to get organized before it , get paint make sure everything that we need is there etc . so we are not running about trying to find stuff.

whoever showing in the space needs to be prepared , if we go for one week turn arounds . would it be sunday out ,monday in . with the shows needing to be put up in one day.

would be nice to have a week of events. this would have be a week of solid events .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:26 pm
Posts: 2643
Location: insitu
was talking with Shannon , and she has been in conversation with the vacuum cleaner guy ,

http://www.thevacuumcleaner.co.uk/menu.html

this may be good for the festival , it would be good if he did a talk and some workshops .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:29 pm
Posts: 817
sounds good.

btw we made the edinburgh art festival listings in the end.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:29 pm
Posts: 817
"we are throwing a party on Thursday 8th May for all of the 2008 participants and would be delighted if you could join us – venue tbc. Please let me know by the end of next week who from TK would like to attend and how many guests each person would like to bring."


From the EAF email. If anyone wants to attend, let me know.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:26 pm
Posts: 2643
Location: insitu
ill come


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:42 pm
Posts: 352
Location: In the place, with everybody...
not going to be here for that one :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:26 pm
Posts: 2643
Location: insitu
grind sight open eye have expressed an interest in the gallery for festival . this is pretty hard core music . i think it could be good if its tailored for the gallery setting . they currently do regular nights at the forest . am not sure how it would work in gallery but that is the challenge for them .

http://www.grindsightopeneye.co.uk/


this could be a couple of days of stuff or a programed week of stuff . or alternative maybe before the festival


i would also like to ask the physical theater guys if i see them again if they would considered something in gallery too .this stuff is hard to explain but its strange .

there is also PMO , which is a pretty bizarre performance group . ive spoke to these guys but not about doing anything . but could be something for the future .

i think with all these dudes , that its something we can consider for the festival or the future .

i think its good to support the things that have been in and around the forest thru the year . pmo and physical theater use the hall . i think its good to reach out to these people .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:29 pm
Posts: 817
I approve of that approach to programming for the festival, it would be excellent to get these type of groups in the gallery.


I have to say that i'm a bit reluctant, based on first impressions, to get GSOE in the gallery space. If the music is as hard core as you say then its likely it will overpower other events in the cafe. Maybe this is a boring way of looking at it.

We would need to see a detailed proposal from them I think.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:26 pm
Posts: 2643
Location: insitu
yes i said to him to put a proposal in for what you would like to do with the gallery . its an option .once he has done that i think it would be good to meet up with him .

i think for the festival he wants to use the hall upstairs which i think will be cool . so maybe something in the gallery before then . Am really unsure what they can do in gallery . a sound installation , something that is not just on for one night . but gallery gives opportunity's for other things. I would hope that he would speak to the people hes in contact about the opportunity.

as for the overpowering the space . for a short time is fine by me ! as ive said before am quite happy for the gallery to become a cafe for a short time and the cafe space a gallery .

on the others its a work in progress . and if anybody see something interesting tell us .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:29 pm
Posts: 817
yeah i see what you mean, a obe off i think is fine, wasn't sure if you meant for a week or not.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:26 pm
Posts: 2643
Location: insitu
we defo need to get a program flyer for our festival program once its confirmed , this i would put info on ,


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:26 pm
Posts: 2643
Location: insitu
but there again maybe not :twisted:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:29 pm
Posts: 817
that must be the only time i've ever seen you use an emoticon...

you must mean it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:26 pm
Posts: 2643
Location: insitu
ok we have the proposal from the vacuum cleaner guy to discuss .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:10 pm
Posts: 1557
to confirm: WTCDTD will be here from the last wed (23rd?) to sat, they may need an afternoon to set up too. Doing things with BAC. In the gallery. And other places.

What is the contact address for the gallery again? They want to talk to you. Or email them: hestia (at) theydid (dot) org (dot) uk

xx

_________________
"We all tend to idealise kindness and tolerance, then wonder why we find ourselves infested with losers and nutcases." Sebastian Horsley


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:29 pm
Posts: 817
got this 'bout the EAF brochure:




"I just wanted to send you a quick email regarding your image. Ideally we would like to use an image from the artist (rather than the logo) for the guide. If you don’t have an image from the artist please do let me know. Could you forward any replacement images to me at this address by the end of the week? Thanks."


do we want to submit another image or should we just stick with the logo?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:26 pm
Posts: 2643
Location: insitu
if you can get an image from WTCDTD , that would be good


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:26 pm
Posts: 2643
Location: insitu
so here i the program as it stands

3rd-9th open submission
10th-19th private hire
20th -24th what they could do they did
25th - 31th free

to dos for the next meeting is fill the first slot ,sort out when romans show is going to be .


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group