Laundry

swithun

Laundry

Post by swithun » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:14 pm

What do people do with tea towels? Pomme and I do 3 washes a week. This is insane.

I never use them when I'm in the kitchen. We let things drain and dry so there is no drying up. They should not be used to mop up spills on the floor. Maybe you can use one to keep a chopping board still, but I don't find that a problem with the boards we have (though I do it at home).

When we get the new fridge and counter, a hand towel holder could be fixed to it, so that one towel gets used for drying hands each day.

Please, KMs, tell the volunteers that tea towels are unnecessary, and tell the NMs and ask them to tell their volunteers.

Also, we bought a nice laundry bin so that it was obvious that it was for dirty laundry. This is being used for something else now and dirty towels are going in a normal bin to marinade. Using a normal bin encourages people to put other crap in there too.

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:28 pm

Quick question....

You are getting your costs covered for doing 3 washes a week right?

I hope so...
the more you think, the more you stink

swithun

Post by swithun » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:43 pm

Shannon ordered some powder for us from Green City and the Forest paid for it. I don't think anyone would complain to Pomme getting volunteer price for doing this instead of working in the kitchen.

Us washing machine owners have to stick together!

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:02 pm

Hot point
the more you think, the more you stink

Newington Bandit

Post by Newington Bandit » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:39 am

I haven't said my last word about working in the Kitchen by the way, I'll be back (especially like working there during the festival)! Evenings are just a little too much for me at the moment, but I'll pop in some Sunday mornings for window cleaning/humus making/general tidying ...

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:21 pm

of course she gets vollie discount.

towels: it is hard to stop them. when they're there, they use them. definitely important to get another hand towel dispenser, but the last one didn't fare so well. i will shake my fist harder and try some guilt tripping too.

Newington Bandit

Post by Newington Bandit » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:04 pm

By the way, I'm off for a couple of weeks, so someone else will have to do the laundry until I come back early July.

lucky

Post by lucky » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:53 pm

I think about doing it, but then remember the insane pile I always have of my own washing. Maybe one day I'll be organised enough.

Before I read this post, I was thinking what a joy it is to have clean stuff. Thank you guys so much for doing it, I hope you know it's not taken for granted.

A*
Bohnenflaschen!

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:57 am

love the cleaness of pomme. yay!