Visual Arts 25/04/2008

Working group and other such Forest meeting minutes
stephengoodall

Visual Arts 25/04/2008

Post by stephengoodall » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:52 pm

Present: Meghan, Simone, Martin, Me, Christina, Helen, Thomas.

review of last time's action points
It turns out i did not complete many tasks appointed to me...

i still need to contact the skinny and the list, do a poster run( martin to make posters), book Robyn Kidd in for the end of July and write some text for mike to invite submissions for the gallery.

Drawing Class

helen thinks it would be good to have a drawing class in the forest, we all agree it is a good idea.

Helen knows some models who would work for free, should contact Bloo in relation to holding in the craft room, maybe hall, maybe action room.

Drawing On tables

Christina would like to use some of the cafe tables to put drawings on.
should stay away from ones already decorated but plain ones might be ok
I will start a thread on this for the wider community to raise objections/opinions.

Festival

Submission from The Vacuum Cleaner- looks good should try to get in but may need some extra cash...
Martin to get in touch with him and say we are keen to have him in the gallery for a couple of weeks.

need to book the rest of the space soon- should invite proposals.

Other Business

should not make people who have come to their first meeting point of contact for artists- need to know said people will come back.

Proposals

Last three exhibitions filled.

Jane

Post by Jane » Wed May 07, 2008 10:32 pm

WTCD, are we all good with this? I want to let them and BAC know asap. Martin said most people were into it and confirmation could be got at this months meeting. Did you talk about it? We have already kind of told them they have use of the space, I just want to properly confirm. x

ps: will the drawing class be nudey?
"We all tend to idealise kindness and tolerance, then wonder why we find ourselves infested with losers and nutcases." Sebastian Horsley

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Wed May 07, 2008 10:34 pm

yep i think every one is cool with it . i spoke to simone today and steve the other day . forgot to ask megan

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Thu May 15, 2008 4:54 pm

Christina would like to use some of the cafe tables to put drawings on.
should stay away from ones already decorated but plain ones might be ok
I will start a thread on this for the wider community to raise objections/opinions.
I think it would be better if she spruced up one of the falling apart tables, rather than taking a new one. Some of them are looking run down and could use a change.

simone

Post by simone » Fri May 16, 2008 8:17 pm

i think that the idea with the tables is that she will put paper on them and use the grain of wood for drawing, cover them in plastic and then leave them for period of time. i don't think that they are intended to be permanent...... is this right team visual art?