Forest BB

The digital grapevine of The Forest.
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:03 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:35 pm
Posts: 1084
AFWG meeting 1/5/08

Present: Meghan, Martin L, Ryan, Lauren.

Apologies: Nix

Agenda:

1. Minutes from last meeting.

2. Screen printing.

3. Darkroom.

4. Swapping PAs.

5. Computers.

6. Golden Hour book.

7. Publishing task force.

1. FOLLOW UP.

Computers - new stuff bought, 4th machine built, fileserver still todo.

Martin has not looked into security cable stuff, bad Martin, no biscuit.

Screen printing - people met, Chris came, then went to Spain, people continued in his absence.

Cave - money box is now under the till.

Darkroom - poster has been done and is up.

Balconies - Ryan told off Eikon Dave, he apologised.


2. SCREEN PRINTING

12-13 people at first meeting, some trickled off but still lots of interest, shoveled dirt out, smelled like piss. EVS vollies and others painted walls with glue to reduce dust. Gandolf working on fixing a screen drying box. Simone & Martin peeled up gross carpet that also smelled of piss. Old screens prepared for new mesh which Chris has. Meghan has contacted Gillian at Edinburgh Printmakers for old stuff, waiting to hear back. Getting really close - prints in two weeks maybe?

Ryan met a guy in Paris who is passionate about screenprinting and seems really clever, they got really drunk and Ryan invited him to Edinburgh. Maybe a screenprinting person should give him a call?

ACTION: Meghan to action somebody around for longer to contact him.


3. DARKROOM

A few introductions done since last month, most of those people have come back and used the room at least once, more coming in by email occasionally. Some more publicity beyond the Forest would probably be good.

ACTION: Meghan to publicise via the intertubes.


4. SWAPPING PAs

Danny proposes swapping cafe & "downstairs" (cave?) PAs.

Danny is not here. We don't understand. Nobody else sees a problem. Don't move stuff.


5. COMPUTERS

Fourth computer is built, RAM is evenly distributed, monitor cable and Ubuntu install needed for 4th machine.

Fileserver needs setup. Drives (2x250GB) are here. Sean, James, Swithun seem to be working on that.

ACTION: Martin to find a monitor cable & install 4th machine.


6. GOLDEN HOUR

End of tour report has been done for the Scottish Arts Council.


7. PUBLISHING

We need ass in gear for next anthology by August. Try to make it wider than the Forest and Edinburgh. Letter has been drafted to possible authors. Budget is about £800, probably can't get external funding.

Publishing meeting needed. Next Thursday at 6pm!

ACTION: Ryan to publicise meeting.


Meeting ended 8pm, ahead of schedule!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:15 pm
Posts: 1180
Location: Edinburgh
Greame has the DIY skills and is going to look into computer security in various ways.

I should have been at this meeting and was on a bus back from Glasgow instead. Bad Me. No Biscuit. (sorry. that was very bad of me.)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:15 pm
Posts: 1180
Location: Edinburgh
I saw this in Maplin in Dalry road this morning.
They only had two in stock
http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?Mod ... 5#overview

Would lock the computers to the table and lock the computer shut
its just what we need.
Computer budget is overdrawn
but with WG permission we can do it. I vote yes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 11:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:35 pm
Posts: 1084
Would need to make sure we can actually secure the desktop machines effectively with that. Laptops have a standard slot to take a security cable like that, I don't think these cases do.

The cases came with little metal clips that you can put through a slot on the back and put a padlock through, but they're pathetically weak, I'm pretty sure you could just twist the lock and snap them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:24 am
Posts: 2630
Sean, James and I will be in at 11 tomorrow morning to do things. I've downloaded Debian for the server.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 1:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:15 pm
Posts: 1180
Location: Edinburgh
cables ordered.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group