the vegan endless "war on burritos"

ravanwin

the vegan endless "war on burritos"

Post by ravanwin » Mon May 26, 2008 12:40 pm

yo!

loads of people are getting burritos / nachos with vegan mayo on them. GROSS! People are mixing vegan mayo with sour cream to create something which is double gross.

THE VEGAN MAYO MUST be hidden and should not be put on Vegan burritos. It is expensive and easily confused with sour cream and volunteers can not be expected to note the subtle differences while in a rush. Get the vegan mayo out of the kitchen once it has been used to prepare sarnies / wraps.

discuss.

[/list]

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Mon May 26, 2008 1:21 pm

Vegan mayo should be put on the vegan burrito, but it should not be kept out in a bowl. It is simple to grab it from the fridge when needed. I'm pretty sure it is less expensive than sour cream. The vegan burrito doesn't have cheese either. All around cheaper than the regular version.

Or: serve the vegan burrito with hummus instead of the mayo to avoid confusion?

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Mon May 26, 2008 1:36 pm

i was just thinking it would avoid confusion if there was NO white stuff on the vegan burrito not so much in terms of economy etc. I reckon it is equally as gross to get a mouthful of sour cream when you are expecting a vegan substance. I think it's just too confusing for the volunteer (and will get super bad come AUG...)

r

swithun

Post by swithun » Mon May 26, 2008 1:43 pm

I think we should add a harmless purple dye to vegan mayo, like they do with methylated spirits or the smell added to gas so you know it is bad for you. Either that or put some in a squirty bottle with a big label on it. I put hummus on vegan burritos.

Newington Bandit

Post by Newington Bandit » Mon May 26, 2008 3:11 pm

By the way, seems there is some confusion about what is a burrito. Apparently there has been several instance of burritos made of warmed up sandwich wrap (with or without cheese/sour cream I don't know...)rather than the usual rice/beans mix...

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Mon May 26, 2008 5:56 pm

yes. i have heard of this happening. very embarrassing. it's been said before: as goes the burrito, so goes the forest. the burrito is the keystone to our fragile empire.

swithun

Post by swithun » Mon May 26, 2008 7:03 pm

It was Harry 'the bruiser' Halpin who got the microwaved and grilled lettuce/apple/tofu. Lucky he didn't hit anyone else!

chombee

Post by chombee » Tue May 27, 2008 12:02 pm

A lot of customers seem to look at our wraps and think they are the burritos. It's an understandable mistake. Then they will ask for it to be heated up, or sometimes silly volunteers will offer to microwave wraps.

I hadn't heard of someone actually ordering a burrito and getting a grilled wrap on a plate instead. That's a good one.
I've had it with you. If I had an image of a laser gun I would absolutely position it right here in my hand...
Ha! I have a real laser absolutely positioned in my hand!

Martin

Post by Martin » Wed May 28, 2008 3:54 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lucky

Post by lucky » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:59 pm

Well, I think the only solution is to get rid of the cheesy burritos and sour cream. If we standardise it to vegan burritos then no-one will get confused!

Joke.

A couple of times I've let vollies get away with putting out vegan mayo, and I promise it will never, ever happen again. It should never be out.

Shannon's right, it's economically indifferent, if not cheaper, to have vegan burritos.

A*
Bohnenflaschen!

swithun

Re: the vegan endless "war on burritos"

Post by swithun » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:11 pm

Unfortunately, this is an anti dope advert. More here.