Forest BB

The digital grapevine of The Forest.
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:47 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:40 am 

yo!

loads of people are getting burritos / nachos with vegan mayo on them. GROSS! People are mixing vegan mayo with sour cream to create something which is double gross.

THE VEGAN MAYO MUST be hidden and should not be put on Vegan burritos. It is expensive and easily confused with sour cream and volunteers can not be expected to note the subtle differences while in a rush. Get the vegan mayo out of the kitchen once it has been used to prepare sarnies / wraps.

discuss.

[/list]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:21 pm 

Vegan mayo should be put on the vegan burrito, but it should not be kept out in a bowl. It is simple to grab it from the fridge when needed. I'm pretty sure it is less expensive than sour cream. The vegan burrito doesn't have cheese either. All around cheaper than the regular version.

Or: serve the vegan burrito with hummus instead of the mayo to avoid confusion?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:36 pm 

i was just thinking it would avoid confusion if there was NO white stuff on the vegan burrito not so much in terms of economy etc. I reckon it is equally as gross to get a mouthful of sour cream when you are expecting a vegan substance. I think it's just too confusing for the volunteer (and will get super bad come AUG...)

r

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:43 pm 

I think we should add a harmless purple dye to vegan mayo, like they do with methylated spirits or the smell added to gas so you know it is bad for you. Either that or put some in a squirty bottle with a big label on it. I put hummus on vegan burritos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:11 pm 

By the way, seems there is some confusion about what is a burrito. Apparently there has been several instance of burritos made of warmed up sandwich wrap (with or without cheese/sour cream I don't know...)rather than the usual rice/beans mix...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:56 pm 

yes. i have heard of this happening. very embarrassing. it's been said before: as goes the burrito, so goes the forest. the burrito is the keystone to our fragile empire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:03 pm 

It was Harry 'the bruiser' Halpin who got the microwaved and grilled lettuce/apple/tofu. Lucky he didn't hit anyone else!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:02 am 

A lot of customers seem to look at our wraps and think they are the burritos. It's an understandable mistake. Then they will ask for it to be heated up, or sometimes silly volunteers will offer to microwave wraps.

I hadn't heard of someone actually ordering a burrito and getting a grilled wrap on a plate instead. That's a good one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:54 pm 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:59 pm 

Well, I think the only solution is to get rid of the cheesy burritos and sour cream. If we standardise it to vegan burritos then no-one will get confused!

Joke.

A couple of times I've let vollies get away with putting out vegan mayo, and I promise it will never, ever happen again. It should never be out.

Shannon's right, it's economically indifferent, if not cheaper, to have vegan burritos.

A*

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:11 pm 

Unfortunately, this is an anti dope advert. More here.