Forest BB

The digital grapevine of The Forest.
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:04 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Main Cafe
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:22 pm
Posts: 191
Location: Edinburgh
What do people think about giving the main cafe space a bit of a make over? It's looking a bit worn in places and it's been a wee while, some fresh paint work would be nice.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:47 am
Posts: 955
yes, it would be good to make it look prettier for the summer and festival. i'm happy to help out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:50 am
Posts: 2638
Location: heartland
great idea..

_________________
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:12 pm
Posts: 2734
Location: there and then
Faith and I were thinking stripes on the main wall awhile back. Also up for helping with this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:11 pm
Posts: 15
i agree... i think the place is looking a bit weary, feeling small- when tears are in your eyes, i will dry them all. ahhhhhhhh.
no really- i'm up for helping with a face-lift and spring clean ready for summer.maybe some new cushions- does the forest still have a sewing machine? that works? x


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:12 pm
Posts: 2734
Location: there and then
Right, it is time to revive Front of House. Technically it's part of cafe and events, but I think it needs its own meeting to get things going. I know a bunch of the EVS volunteers are keen on this stuff too, so I suggest they bottomline things as one of their projects. They are already starting on new fabric for some of the chairs and there are some new lampshades being made as well. I think we'll go to Bits and Bobs, renew our membership, and get some cheap recycled material.

How about Monday at 7pm???

Not sure if we have a machine that works right now. I think mine/Sean's is kicking around and might just need a little love. Swithun has one which he may let us borrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:24 am
Posts: 2607
I can't make 7 on Monday. But if someone who I know is sensible and responsible is going to be there, then I'm OK with my machine being used. I could probably come along just before and give someone a refresher course. Maybe I'll have time to look at Sean's and Shannon's beast. But I remember it smoking and making nasty noises.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:12 pm
Posts: 2734
Location: there and then
I forgot about the smoke! Oh dear.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:59 pm
Posts: 1208
Location: Heaven sent, hell bent & unrepentant
What become of the old VW camper van Bill was offering?

_________________
Pep Up The Turmoil


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:22 pm
Posts: 191
Location: Edinburgh
Think we should wait until after the next cafe and events meeting. Lots of people are interested and everyone should get ample opportunity to contribute.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:12 pm
Posts: 2734
Location: there and then
Well, apparently Nix has already gone to the VA working group and had something agreed for the walls(?!)

My idea for Monday was to get some ideas going, maybe start work on the chairs, and then present the ideas to cafe and events.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:26 pm
Posts: 2633
Location: insitu
the feeling at the va meeting was since not many people who where interested on doing foh house where at the meeting . we would leave it to them that where interested in it to organise it . nix and carlos where going to do something about the posters if i remember right .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:12 pm
Posts: 2734
Location: there and then
It does seem like there is a real, live front of house team forming at the moment and perhaps the main cafe space can be left to them? I heard through the grapevine that Nix had a plan and it was agreed to. Maybe I heard wrong.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:26 pm
Posts: 2633
Location: insitu
walls where mentioned , but again i felt it was said , that we would leave it to the group that was forming about these issues , this i think was the right thing to do ,

it didnt feel like we had a mandate to say, no we want it painted pink and expect others to do it .

it could be that this discussion should of been directed to an agenda point at the va meeting , so that people interested in this issue would of known to attend . and at minimum agreed to have a bigger meeting about what can be done about foh . foh like the gallery is an ongoing thing and need attention periodically. i have witnessed this discussion and felt since a momentum of action was happening all was good , but the problem is if someone is out the loop of this , it could of been that nobody at the meeting was aware of this discussion.

nix has done the right thing coming to the meeting as it was agreed that this issue would be dealt with at va or cafe and events . but the ambiguity of who deals with what is a problem ,as is the ambiguity of what can be agreed outside a meeting and what cant , thus causing a bit of confusion

lets hope all parties who want to do something get together and refresh the place as i believe we all agree it needs it , only whats to be done needs to be agreed on

.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:12 pm
Posts: 2734
Location: there and then
Cool, sounds good.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group