Pre- festival menu changes and volunteer coordination

Shannon

Pre- festival menu changes and volunteer coordination

Post by Shannon » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:59 pm

So maybe it would be possible to think of some pre-festival changes? Prerequisites should be that it will cut down on prep time and be fresh, tasty and inexpensive.

Why don't we give everyone a few days to brainstorm and make it a massive part of the Cafe and Events meeting on July 2nd?

This could go hand in hand with changes to volunteering. Chris and I were talking today and it might really help things out if we were to have a volunteer coordinator again. It would be a good job for one or two of the EVS vollies, along with anyone who wants to help, and hopefully it would mean less desperate pleas for night managers, as well as better introductions for new volunteers. On the volunteer application form (which was almost in existence - what happened??) we could ask what kind of cafe experience they have. If they have none, we can make sure they are start on a day where someone else in the kitchen is good and experienced so the KM has time and patience to train them properly, without the kitchen falling apart.

I am checking all our food prices to see just how much they've gone up. I plan on having the numbers together for the Cafe and Events meeting as well.

lucky

Post by lucky » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:02 am

Who was on the application form? Could someone PM them/me to chase it up?

Little changes to the menu can be made before festival. I can't think right now (apart from Pitta Pizzas which are easy peasy. I had two for my lunch yesterday, they were awesome), but larger changes will have to wait. And will be welcomed.

A*
Bohnenflaschen!

lucky

Post by lucky » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:41 pm

Someone remind me I need to talk about money at Events meeting.

I won't remember

A*
Bohnenflaschen!