Friends of the Forest area?

Forest is people. People is you. You is us.
lucky

Friends of the Forest area?

Post by lucky » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:14 pm

we need to find a way to help and collaborate with other such organisations in Edinburgh.

The first step and most simple way is to have a clear area on one of our walls which other organisations can advertise. Similarly minded people going to these other places will take note of their support for us and vica versa.

While some people may have personal issues with certain organisations, keep your mind open. Things like Te-Poka (can never spell that right), ACE and Beltane are trying really hard to make autonomous/community arts things happen.

The least we can do is help Forest goers see these other places exist, and may be able to receive some support back.

A*
Bohnenflaschen!

lucky

Post by lucky » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:30 pm

Out of the Blue.

Waverly bike station.

A*
Bohnenflaschen!

dan

Post by dan » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:34 pm

Sounds like a good idea to me. Maybe good to have certain ideals shared? Like how's about organisations that don't work with corporate sponsorship? like ACE, Beltaine etc... Although I have lots of friends in Te-pooka I find their work with corporates like HP, Lloyds TSB etc a bit at odds with the Forest? Although that maybe is just me.
D xx
Our big brother's got no heart,
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose

Martin

Post by Martin » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:52 pm

The bike station ain't at Waverley no more!

(it's down my way on Causewayside these days)

lucky

Post by lucky » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:01 pm

This isn't fact, I need to have a chat with them for proper details. As far as i can drunken conversationally remember....

Te-pooka i know do do jobs for corporate places, but as necessity to keep running their stuff. They're not happy or proud they have to do this, but still have pride in their works.

As far as I know their community involvement has been in smaller towns dotted around Scotland as that's where there's funding. Their base in Edinburgh allow them to still do really cool stuff in this city.

Remember the discussion about starting a place so artists can be artists and maybe even get paid for this? They've managed to do this.

They still provide a platform for a lot of people to get involved, are a charity, run with volunteer force as well as paid staff, and help a lot of artists make that leap into surviving off their arts.

I think it's worthwhile.

But I get your point about the corporate stuff.

A*
Bohnenflaschen!

Dan2000

Post by Dan2000 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:40 pm

aye i know but there you go. Anyway, here's list of their clients...
http://www.tepooka.org/testimony.htm
D xx
that's why i wonder

lucky

Post by lucky » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:28 pm

Yeah, Loyds TSB next to the Woodlands Trust. It's a funny one.

Would anyone be against this idea in general?

A*
Bohnenflaschen!