No ninors after 7

swithun

No ninors after 7

Post by swithun » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:43 pm

Here's a poster for the no minors after 7 rule.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chris

Re: No ninors after 7

Post by chris » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:20 pm

is it a good idea to have a poster for this?
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

swithun

Post by swithun » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:38 pm

How else would they know? If there is a rule like this, a poster makes it easier to enforce. Maybe we shouldn't have the rule, but that is a different question.

chris

Post by chris » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:40 pm

my question is subtle.
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

bryony

Post by bryony » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:56 pm

when did we decide on this rule?

swithun

Post by swithun » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:06 pm

I don't know if we really did decide on it. If it is part of the conditions on us having a license, then we need to follow it. If not, then, will it make life easier for us or harder, if we follow it? Maybe having no cheap booze and no BYOB is enough to eliminate any trouble from under 18s. The rule just moves the checking of age from the bar to the door, and we don't sell so much fizzy pop. It was Ryan who put forward the idea, I think. And now he has fucked off for a few weeks.

dan

Post by dan » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:14 pm

I asked about this during my training. It can affect a license having minors on site (I'm not sure about the time rule though). Prob best to play it safe and exclude I'm afraid. ALthough that is crap, but that's what we get when we dance with the devil...
Our big brother's got no heart,
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose

bryony

Post by bryony » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:46 am

Of course I understand that this could potentially be a big problem and this may make our lives easier but I object, I object , I object!

I worked my ass off during the festival before I was 18, as did Anna and I'm sure many others. This is not cool.

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:27 pm

er. i think from a quick look at the conditions of our licence it says something about no under 14s in the main area after 7pm or something.

can a person with access to the paper, check what it says for sure.

also i think the law would say no under 18s serving beer at any time.
the more you think, the more you stink

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:04 am

first: is someone deleting my posts. I'm sure I commentated on this before?

second: we can't have minors in the place after 7. it is totally bad luck. we're talking about groups and gangs of kids, not our individual olunteer friends whom we can trust. if there are any under 18s currently on our friend list, i am sure we can accommodate them sensibly. but let us not forget, that most under-age kids in edinburgh have not offered forest any help and would just be in the complex to try and get booze. that is a lot of pressure to put on staff and licence holders.

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:27 am

you definately commented on this post before!
It's like God's vagina!

swithun

Post by swithun » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:46 am

You're not the only one to think that posts have gone missing. I didn't see your post in this thread, but I was expecting one.

I can see both sides in this. We don't want to be more officious than the council and police require us to be. And we should acknowledge the contribution made by the barely legal amongst us. And we should treat people according to what they do, not what they are. And, whatever we decide, giving booze to underagers is not going to happen.

But, apart from doing what is required by the license, I think the main question is what is simplest, easiest and safest to implement. After 7, there aren't going to be that many under 18s anyway. And there is a good chance that those there are will be undesirable in one form or another. And having a poster to point to makes it much easier to remove people, because of what they do. So, I'd go with it.

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:47 am

swithun wrote:You're not the only one to think that posts have gone missing. I didn't see your post in this thread, but I was expecting one.
Well - what is the deal? Who or what is deleting my posts?

swithun wrote: And, whatever we decide, giving booze to underagers is not going to happen.
Sadly, I worry that is not the case. Please print the signs.

swithun

Post by swithun » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:05 pm

I meant, even if we do allow minors in the cafe after 7, selling them booze isn't an option we are considering. We will still have to ID people, but hopefully before they get to the bar. Having the posters will signal our intent. Though, people don't pay any attention to posters. They only see what they want to see.

milk

Post by milk » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:36 am

ravanwin wrote:
swithun wrote:You're not the only one to think that posts have gone missing. I didn't see your post in this thread, but I was expecting one.
Well - what is the deal? Who or what is deleting my posts?
ryan - the phpbb3 log is here, though not trustworthy from an investigative pov as any mod can delete log entries.

Gandhi - did you, or anyone else, absolutely definitely see a post from ryan before?

has anyone else noticed any of their posts going awol?

potentially it could be an issue with the database behind the forum being restored to a very recent backup, although one'd expect far more disruption, that is unless the post/'unpost' happened early in the morning when hardly anyone is on the bb..
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:54 am

i definately saw a post from winklestein
It's like God's vagina!

dan

Post by dan » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:35 pm

hey,
so i had a meeting with police licensing guys today, apparently in our state of being we can have minors on the premises until we become just a bar, like after we stop all food or other drinks. Basically they said 'an arts centre - not something we'd be worried about'. So there you go. Just so you know.
D xx
Our big brother's got no heart,
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose

bryony

Post by bryony » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:24 am

woo hoo!

Please can we just keep an eye on this and not make any arbitrary rules?