VA 04/09/2008

Working group and other such Forest meeting minutes
User avatar
stephengoodall
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:29 pm

VA 04/09/2008

Postby stephengoodall » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:01 pm

Present: Matthes, Diana, Mike, Stephen, Emi, Martin, Dai


Painting walls
Sculpture
Money
Floor
AOB


Diana would like to paint some of the walls and has lots of ideas of what to do. These should be posted to the BB so the wider community has a chance to respond and raise any objections. The stone stairs leading up to the hall should be painted as this is too permanent and causes all sorts of health and safety issues.
Matthes would like to install a small sculpture in the window- similarly, this should be raised on the BB.

Once all of the receipts are processed we should come out of august exactly on the monthly budget.

James has suggested we invoice the artist for a fee and use that to claim their money. However the moeny given to artists is not supposed to be a fee, it us a budget to cover expenses purtaining to the exhibition. We can put an invoice in the receipts drawer but still ask the artists to provide receipts.
Robin Kydd wants another £20 to cover the light and curtains he installed and we are still using- they are useful but ad hoc budget is cheeky- give £10. We should also amend the info for artists that all after-the-fact budget requests will be refused.

Floor- we are going to sand and varnish the floor- mihal wants to help. we will do this on sunday the 12th october and also sand, paint and varnish the shelf too.
We are also going to paint over the writing on the wall and put a poster in its place. ACTION POINT- Emi to look into.

Some of the tape on the floor looks scruffy- Martin will talk to Sarah about removing.

Action day scheduled for 21st September.
0 x
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.

User avatar
James
Posts: 1180
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Re: VA 04/09/2008

Postby James » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:39 pm

stephengoodall wrote:James has suggested we invoice the artist for a fee and use that to claim their money. However the moeny given to artists is not supposed to be a fee, it us a budget to cover expenses purtaining to the exhibition. We can put an invoice in the receipts drawer but still ask the artists to provide receipts.


If it becomes an invoice it creates other problems - that might give some tax liability to the artist.
Therefore it if preferable to get receipts in a decent state for a total of £50 or more from the artist.
However I realise that doesn't always happen.
So if it doesn't happen, get them to write us an invoice so we have something for our accounts.
0 x

User avatar
stephengoodall
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:29 pm

Re: VA 04/09/2008

Postby stephengoodall » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:58 pm

ah sorry i misunderstood then- great we shall continue providing the receipts.
0 x
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.

simone
Posts: 968
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:47 am

Re: VA 04/09/2008

Postby simone » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:19 pm

so regarding the payment for artists are we giving them only the money for receipts that they produce or are we topping it up to £50 if they can produce an invoice? i prefer the topping up option because it means they need to be giving us receipts and so using money for show, but it also shows that we are supporting small artists with a bit of money they can then use for closing party, new art materials etc.
also can the dates for john and monica (adam and eve) be posted so i know i have them correct before i let them know.
cheers
0 x
I saw two shooting stars last night, i wished on them, but they were only satellites.
is it wrong to wish on space hardware?
(Billy Bragg)

simone
Posts: 968
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:47 am

Re: VA 04/09/2008

Postby simone » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:01 pm

any thoughts on above post please chaps?
0 x
I saw two shooting stars last night, i wished on them, but they were only satellites.
is it wrong to wish on space hardware?
(Billy Bragg)

User avatar
stephengoodall
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:29 pm

Re: VA 04/09/2008

Postby stephengoodall » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:37 pm

sorry, at the meeting i argued that just giving a flat out amount regardless of receipts made the payment into a fee and that constitutionally we should avoid paying fees because covering artists costs is an amazing thing to do in the first place. Most artists will supply receipts equal to or exceeding £50 anyway it might be irrelevant ...maybe...
0 x
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.


Return to “Minutes”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron