Windows again

Front of House, garden etc.
Newington Bandit

Windows again

Post by Newington Bandit » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:46 am

Soooo the windows look like shit again. Can people please remember not to attach stuff directly to them? It took forever (we're talking days here) last time to get rid of the mess left by sticky tape and blue tack (we had to attack them with a knife).
Anyway, I've been trying to come and clean those windows for the last 2 Sundays but couldn't find the Window cleaning kit: whoever knows where it is, can they put it back in its proper place (the cleaning cupboard byt the screenprinting room, there's a clear label saying "Window cleaning kit" in there).
I'm off this week-end, I'll try to go and clean the windows again next Sunday if noone has beat me to it. I'll be ruthless with stuff attached to the windows, they'll get binned. So if you want your stuff to stay put, attach it to the strings that were put up especially for this purpose. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the stuff on it is actually out of date and can be removed.

chris

Re: Windows again

Post by chris » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:49 am

i think window stuff is in the tk gallery cupboards??
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

emi

Post by emi » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:44 pm

Just use water and some vinegar for the windows.
officially speaking

stephengoodall

Post by stephengoodall » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:56 am

the window cleaning stuff is in a black bucket in the left hand gallery cupboard.
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.

Newington Bandit

Post by Newington Bandit » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:45 pm

OKay, so I've put it back there, makes sense to have it upstairs... The one thing I couldn't find, though, is the pole the squeegie things attach too... was that supposed to be in the cupboard too?

stephengoodall

Post by stephengoodall » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:20 pm

there is a pole in ther yes, behind the other stuff, if i recall. However when i saw it it had a roller attached so not sure if its the same pole- we didnt come across any other poles.
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:38 am

Thats because they're all busy opening up shops on Leith walk. :lol:
It's like God's vagina!

Newington Bandit

Post by Newington Bandit » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:04 am

okay... looks like people can't be arsed to attach their posters to the line.
Thanks to whoever attached the massive poster with friggin tape right on the windows less than a week after I got up early on a Sunday morning to clean them. They can do the scrubbing next time, I'm washing my hands of it.

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:26 am

don't blame the guy who put it up. blame the person who gave them the tape. people putting up events are not to blame - folk who work for us ought to catch these things before they happen (i.e. when someone says "Can i have some tape to put something up in the window")

Plus - it is a super pet peeve that anything is hung with sold tape. it is more expensive and it looks like shit.
r

Newington Bandit

Post by Newington Bandit » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:36 am

Yeah fair enough. the point was more to have a rant than pointing the finger (which I did, sorry, that was unfair but I'm furious!)

chris

Post by chris » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:13 pm

the giant poster is great! but it should be bluetack!

xx
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.