photocopier not scanning

martinmckenna

photocopier not scanning

Post by martinmckenna » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:16 pm

hi

could someone fix the photocopier so it scans to oak again . it use to scan to oak , but sadly no more . maybe the ip address has been changed on oak or something .

it use to put the files in home/forest/scan on oak .and this file is shared on the network so everyone could get it . swith set it up originally ,

thanks in advance
Heaven is a disaster

Lambchop , The Saturday option .

chris

Re: photocopier not scanning

Post by chris » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:41 pm

i hate the photocopier, so does other martin (the chief)
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:53 pm

the photocopier is grand and would work if we weren't using open source. or, at least, the copier Tech Support folk would be able to help. Sadly - they don't have a linux support team so we are flapping in the wind.
r

chris

Post by chris » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:01 pm

lets change to windows.
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:16 pm

the current problem with the scanner is i think down the ip address being changed on oak and thus the photocopier cant find it . this is a guess. maybe the internet cable been changed

i think the photocopier is very complicated machine , the linux drivers are not helping things . but i do think people not being able to use it properly is a problem too . it not just a matter of pressing print and hope for the best . thre is duplex , grayscale . colour ,a4,a3, booklet mode and collate . alot of setting to get wrong .

also adding to confusion is that ubuntu offers 3 print dialog boxes. open office has it own and also gimp and every thing else uses gnomes dialog . this has been rectified by new version of ubuntu . but........... it now has added it own margins which are not correct .

as far as i am aware we have one machine on the new version and the rest are on the old.

maybe we should have one machine on windows or a mac for printing . at least we could get support .
Heaven is a disaster

Jimmy Bastard

Post by Jimmy Bastard » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:26 pm

used to be that way
with the old office
one computer ran dual
I was just getting to grips with Photoshop when Linux held full sway.
Pep Up The Turmoil

chris

Post by chris » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:13 am

great idea martin!

a dedicated windows print machine!

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:21 am

the scanning problem is now fixed . press scan and you will be presented with a array of buttons to press .
Heaven is a disaster

milk

Post by milk » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:38 pm

it was not working again - it was thinking oak was 192.168.43.126 where as oak was on 192.168.43.127. turns out oak was set to roaming (dynamic (DHCP)) mode so i set it to ask for the static ip of 192.168.43.126 then went into the router's admin page (network/hosts) and added a restriction for the ip of 192.168.43.126 so that only the MAC of oak can lease it out via DHCP (which, while this is good as it will only dish out 192.168.43.126 to oak, oak is not going to ask for an ip via DHCP, just request the one static ip that i've told it to request, but same end result)).

it works now anyway...
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:21 am

nice one milk
Heaven is a disaster