Forest BB

The digital grapevine of The Forest.
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: website lockdown!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:32 pm 

Can anyone tell me when/why the articles section of my account is now registration access only?

Generally it is a good resource for me to have external people looking at previous and updated projects that relate to the forest ethos. This was available to public before, I wish it to return, otherwise its a lot of re shuffling for me of this content. And as I am working on new projects and wish people to look at past projects the link is handy.

Post subject: Re: website lockdown!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:51 pm 

are you Aaron McCloskey? if so, i can view the articles section of your profile no problem. if not, gie us more info :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:53 pm 

i can see it too

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:54 pm 

Milk, the list of articles is public, but the articles themselves are locked for me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:09 pm 

Martin, can you say why? surely I should decide this. I wish the links to be there, as I do add to them, and have updates to do before an upcoming application.

Aaron

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:16 am 

I know next to nothing about the current website setup so no, but hopefully one of the others in this thread may be able to sort it out.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:40 pm 

aah

hmm, this is weird. the articles can be accessed via the 'clean url' links on http://www.theforest.org.uk/external-projects/ , i.e., http://www.theforest.org.uk/external-pr ... bbish-art/ , but not those on the profile page itself, i.e., http://www.theforest.org.uk/index.php?o ... iew&id=162 . the articles have no visibility restrictions themselves and i can see no global configuration settings that might cause this. i'd assume it's an error with the addon module the displays the articles on the user's profile page.

fix; forward people to http://www.theforest.org.uk/external-projects/ . the content will be ported to the new site within the next couple of weeks.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:51 pm 

Does this mean that the links will only be available through the external section? As the articles links page have several more entries then the external links section. This would mean adding them to the external links section if a 'fix' is not available.