Stall At The E.C.A. Fair

Jimmy Bastard

Stall At The E.C.A. Fair

Post by Jimmy Bastard » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:29 pm

From a phonecall from the E.C.A.
Stall offered.
11.30-2.30PM
I said we'd be back in touch by Monday with decision.
Any up for manning it?
Pep Up The Turmoil

michaelbowdidge

Re: Stall At The E.C.A. Fair

Post by michaelbowdidge » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:36 pm

no can do I'm working :(
I'll take your brain to another dimension...

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:36 pm

it would be good.

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:41 pm

when is it , i would like to do it . just say yes !
Heaven is a disaster

Lambchop , The Saturday option .

Jimmy Bastard

Post by Jimmy Bastard » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:17 pm

Nov 4th.
Pep Up The Turmoil

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:30 pm

thanks dai
i should be able to do this , ill get the day off if not . i think this is important for us .
Heaven is a disaster

Lambchop , The Saturday option .

Jimmy Bastard

Post by Jimmy Bastard » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:33 pm

i'll be happy to chum you.
i'll get back in touch with confimation.
Pep Up The Turmoil

Jimmy Bastard

Post by Jimmy Bastard » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:02 pm

i rang them with confirmation
awaiting a booking form via email.
Pep Up The Turmoil

simone

Post by simone » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:14 am

delayed reply
i'm at school that day
have fun.....emi and i found that making a zine from found objects helped pass the time at the freshers fair very well indeed!
I saw two shooting stars last night, i wished on them, but they were only satellites.
is it wrong to wish on space hardware?
(Billy Bragg)

Jimmy Bastard

Post by Jimmy Bastard » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:47 pm

Confirmation and information

Edinburgh College of Art Volunteering Fair 2008

Tuesday, November 4th, 11.30am – 2.30pm
Information Pack

Many thanks for your booking, we hope that you find the following information useful.

Arrival

The fair is being held in the Sculpture Court of the Main Buiding. When you arrive please go the Employability and Enterprise desk and we will allocate you a stand. The fair is being advertised to students as beginning at 11.30am, please allow plenty of time to set up your stand.

Travel information

If arriving by train

The nearest station is Edinburgh Haymarket, there are taxi ranks beside the train station, the journey takes around 10 minutes. If you prefer to walk, about 15 minutes, directions below:

From Haymarket Station

When you leave the station, turn right and head towards Morrison Street, the Haymarket bar will be on your left. Walk along Morrison Street, until you get to Lothian Road, there will be an Odeon Cinema on your right. Cross Lothian road, there is a pedestrian crossing, and head along Bread Street. You will see Evolution House, a large glass and sandstone building, ahead of you, turn right when you get here and walk up Lady Lawson street. You will see the entrance to Edinburgh College of art on your left. Walk through the archway and the Main building is on your left.

From Waverley Station

If you are arriving into Waverley Station, there is a taxi rank in the station and the journey will take about 10 minutes. If you prefer to walk, about 20 minutes, directions below:

You will emerge from the station on Waverley Bridge, turn left and walk about 100 meters, then take a right up Market Street, you will see Edinburgh Castle in front of you. At the top of Market Street, take a left and walk up North Bank Street. Follow the road round till you get to the High Street. Cross the High Street and walk down George IV Bridge for around 80 meters, turn right off George IV Bridge, down Victoria Street. You will then be at Grassmarket. Turn right and walk about 200 meters till you get to West Port, then walk up this road, about 200 meters. Turn left onto Lady Lawson Street. You will see the entrance to Edinburgh College of art on your left. Walk through the archway and the Main building is on your left.

If arriving by car

There is no parking available in the college, but there is on street parking on Lady Lawson Street and also an NCP car park on Castle Terrace, about 5 minutes walk. If you would like to leave equipment etc at the college before you park, you can get to the entrance of the Main Building from Lady Lawson Street. Please note, however, that Lady Lawson Street is a one way street and can only be accessed from Lauriston Place. There is a barrier, please let them know that you are here for the Volunteer Fair and they will let you in.

If arriving by bus

The bus stop on Lauriston place serves LRT bus numbers: 23, 27, 45 and 35. The stop on West Port serves the number 2. Head along Lady Lawson Street. You will see the entrance to Edinburgh College of art. Walk through the archway and the Main building is on your left.

Refreshments

There will be student stand, where tea, coffee and cakes will be available to buy in the Sculpture Court. If you need something more substantial there is a Canteen in the Hunter Building which sells a range of sandwiches and hot meals.

Contact information

Maureen McIntyre, Employability Adviser – 0131 221 6024
Eilidh Steele, Employability Administrator – 0131 221 6208
Jessie Buchanan, SRC President – 0131 221 6020

Emergency mobile number: 07946 645 382

www.eca.ac.uk
Pep Up The Turmoil