Forest BB

The digital grapevine of The Forest.
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:47 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: VA 26/09/08
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:42 pm
Posts: 352
Location: In the place, with everybody...
Minutes VA meeting 26/09/08

Agenda

Call for submissions
Xmas – how is this to be done.
Festival – feedback
A.O.B.
Submissions

New text for call for submissions – Mike to write and design poster and upload to bb for distribution in ECA and Leith School of Art. Also to add text for copy and pasting into emails. Matthes and Simone to distribute in ECA and Leith.

Also Mike wants to put a call out on art review for exhibitions which work within the limitations of the £50 budget. Perhaps this could be part of a themed call around this concept and make use of the monthly budget? Perhaps this could take the form of a call for curation?

Xmas slot to be extended to the 3rd January. Possibility of ‘the dead forest’ show of discarded xmas trees to be discussed in next meeting.

Festival feedback: changeovers to be more closely monitored so as to avoid ‘dead space’. Perhaps create a list of contact telephone numbers? Stephen and Simone to make this list as an action point. The notion of a changeover policy was discussed but it was felt that this wasn’t really a necessity at the moment. It was felt that it would also be good to have a list of stand –by artists in case of ‘no shows’.

Submissions: Emi agreed for October 20th – 3rd November. Gowrie Care: agreed for 3 week slot from 15/12/08 – 03/01/09, with proviso that we can help them hang the work. Simone and Mike to hang the show, Simone to be handler/contact person. Simone to contact Osvaldo Cibils to ask for more information /a proper submission. Claudio Parentela – may be suitable for an A0 project, Stephen to take this as an action point. Matthes to investigate the possibility of the Japanese live drawing proposal being held in the café rather than in the gallery as we are already booked for the period that they want. Brian Ross to be followed up by Stephen with a view to showing from 3rd – 16th November. Stephen to contact Gill Foster and ask for clarification on her proposal.

Any Other Business: Stephen suggested that it would be good to have a longer discussion about where we are going as a gallery. It was agreed that this was a good idea but that it should take place outside of the VA meeting structure, perhaps in the form of an away day.

_________________
I'll take your brain to another dimension...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: VA 28/09/08
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:42 pm
Posts: 352
Location: In the place, with everybody...
Moderators: please can someone change the dates here and in the heading to the 26th instead of the 28th as shown (because I don't seem to be able to ever know what day it is!!!) Thanks!

_________________
I'll take your brain to another dimension...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: VA 26/09/08
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:35 pm
Posts: 1084
Done.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: VA 26/09/08
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:42 pm
Posts: 352
Location: In the place, with everybody...
(very belated) thanks!

_________________
I'll take your brain to another dimension...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group