Forest BB

The digital grapevine of The Forest.
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:54 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Shop Meeting 6th Nov
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:03 pm
Posts: 7
present: cyreille, emi, chqrlotte, nix, james, pocket, magda
Adgenda

new shop maneger:
Moving the feeshop;
Bookshop dept:
music dept/
shop security/
publicity/
contacting artists


1.new shop maneger
cyrielle was shop manager for 2months, shes willing to train the new shop manager
action point : nix will try to find a new shop manager, post on the bb, ask people
we need a list of responsibilities and phone numbers to make things easier

2. moving the free shop
nix:trial period : no free shop for a while
have swap shop instead in a little corner in the shop; motto: give to receive
emi: move the free shop to the corridor next to the shop qnd make the front room nice
nix is donating some shelves for the new free
shopproposal no 1: have a small free shop next to the shop that will be looked after the shop staff possibly in a lockable cupboard
shop proposal no 2: swap shop in the shop with stickers on the items

3. bookshop dept.
zine and book project growing
shop needs a book dept: nix wants to built it
brilliant idea
action point: cyrielle and nix will work together to make a bookcase

4. music department
could be improved, so we can sell more music
maybe print some shop manager business cards to give to the artists playing in the cafe/or use the shop email address
action point: nix will sort out things, move the speakers ...
specific flyer/poster for the shop to have more music ; or just put it in the programme

5. shop security
lock doesnt work very well
naction point nix: will fix the lock

6. publicity/contacting artists
nerea is in charge? we dont know
more flyers and posters to be spread around
nix says we could fit more stuff in the shop, more stuff means more artists
charlotte wants to look for more artists and contact them

extras: magda mentioned having nice lighting outside is important for the appearance of the building
nix will mention it at the forest working group meeting next week

nix :varnishing the floor when the shop is closed ; nix says use danish oil


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shop Meeting 6th Nov
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:57 pm
Posts: 769
Location: your moms house
In terms of the music department:
We love music
Lots of bands play in the Forest
We like them
We have a multitrack
We can burn 5 CD's for them a minimal price and reclaim the recording expenses back from the sales and just burn more if they are popular.
We have a record label we underuse and undersell.
We have artists willing to design covers and a printer to print them.
Lets do the twist and shake it all together and we could get shit loads of lovely Edinburgh bands making CD's to sell or making our own Forest compilations.

Nix I am willing to work with you on this but I am a pretty busy chap as you know so can't go full steam on it but we work well together and we like music.

_________________
It's like God's vagina!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shop Meeting 6th Nov
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:49 am
Posts: 1231
yes, yes..

shaky shake that music maker!

we also have a audio ready computer in the cave (needs set-up) .. and the capacity to record gigs straight off the mixing desk in the cafe.

Today I asked roman to put a specil advert in the program asking for CDs to sell in shop.


yes we like music. music we like.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shop Meeting 6th Nov
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:26 pm
Posts: 2623
Location: insitu
it would be great to see forest records doing something . go team !

_________________
Heaven is a disaster

Lambchop , The Saturday option .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shop Meeting 6th Nov
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:57 pm
Posts: 769
Location: your moms house
yes, its been sitting somewhat dormant for a while. We have all the equipment to record music, lots of bands would love to be recorded and now we've got a shop to sell stuff directly to people. it might also bring in extra people to the shop if bands tell their friends that their CD is for sale in their etc...it may also increase the amount of bands wanting to play at the Forest too. its a win win situation.

I can't be at the Forest very often but can do stuff from home including..mastering and audio editing/cleaning up, cover design etc.

Martin, what the best place for sending files from the Forest for me to download to my computer securely...when i say what place i mean as in file sharing website or can we make a sort of portal on the Forest website?

_________________
It's like God's vagina!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shop Meeting 6th Nov
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:26 pm
Posts: 2623
Location: insitu
not sure what you mean . but when i send a big file to someone i send it via this web site

http://www.mailbigfile.com/

i think you can send up to 100mb

_________________
Heaven is a disaster

Lambchop , The Saturday option .


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group