in search of new zines

Records, publishing, shop etc.
frog

in search of new zines

Post by frog » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:28 pm

hey anyone got any new zines out there? im in an area that has a lack of zine accessibility and i really want some new stuff to read.
anyone?
wish there was more scottish based zine distros about.

nix

Re: in search of new zines

Post by nix » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:51 pm

yes we do have zines!

Forest Free Press has been amassing a nice wee collection..

we are hoping to stat up a 'zines by post' project, where we will be sending out boxes of zines to Social Centres, independent shops, and people/places, for them to sell. On a Sale or return basis.

What I was thinking was, a box of 20 different zines 3 copies of each. at 30p each. We sell them at 50p. most of them cost about 25p to photocopy. this is not intended to make money for anyone, just increase the availability of zines.
are you interested in this?

I will try and get a complete list of the zines available up soon, so you can pick the ones you want.

if it is only a few individual zines you are after, then that can be facilitated too..

thanks.

NiX.

frog

Post by frog » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:21 pm

yeah that sounds awesome.

to be honest about a year ago i had wanted to set up a distro and had started by buying up a batch of zines from one zine maker, but then things just got on top of me and the distro stalled.
i still have the yearning to run a small distro as i think the uk really needs more zine distros. i think its ridiculous that its really hard for people to have a regular place to order from within scotland.

first of all though id like to get a list of what zines are available from you, for my personal reading. then after that i may like to revive my distro idea and consider consignment selling from your stuff.

keep me in contact please 8)

scoutwinter

Post by scoutwinter » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:41 pm

joey does zine distro too. "joey pesticide" has posted under zine-o-rama in this noticeboard.
it's called "fungal growth"