Behind the Scenes 18/12/2008

Working group and other such Forest meeting minutes
User avatar
stephengoodall
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:29 pm

Behind the Scenes 18/12/2008

Postby stephengoodall » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:10 am

there are 3 apps for the monthly grant and one for the quarterly.

Anything else for the agenda?
0 x
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.

User avatar
ChaoticReality
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:16 am
Location: Edinburgh!
Contact:

Re: Behind the Scenes 18/12/2008

Postby ChaoticReality » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:01 am

We ended up discussing techie/website issues and the remit of the working group as well as the grants.

Stephen took lots of minutes which I guess will be posted soon.
0 x
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

User avatar
stephengoodall
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:29 pm

Re: Behind the Scenes 18/12/2008

Postby stephengoodall » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:51 pm

Behind the scenes 18/12/2008

Present: Mike, Ryan, Dai, IDA, Olivier
Apologies: Nix

Website
: mike is keen to make progress on getting the new site online but needs to get the details and image files etc from chris to design the front end of the website. Milk has made progree with the rest but needs design to make it look good. We can have a dynamic events listing system that automatically updates.

Ryan has heard from people who are keen to help get the website working and has passed on the details.

Login details are needed, Pogo still has some info also Duncan has info on domain name and hosting. It would be really useful to have all techie info in one place for reference so it can be easily accessed should someone not be available.
Also a hosting upgrade is needed to run PHP5 which will cost money.

Maybe other computer stuff should be moved to the BTS group?
- for example some work is needed on action room computers to make more secure and put an end to printing problems. A server should be set up to enable roving user profiles, each with their own documents and printing prefs.

AP Mike to contact Milk to see what stage Website is at
AP Mike to start thread to try to begin collating info in one play for tech stuff- though as some of this needs to be kept secure, should maybe not be posted to public access fora.

Money

Figures now available, haven't had this before and is useful, though hard to tell because grants and EVS confuse things.

ADmin staff can provide these figures and BTS group should be interpreting them. We could look into the incomings to determain what money should be made from Forest on a weekly basis but how would this work?

BTS group should look over the available figures each month.
Would be useful to have an update of WG expenditure vs. Budget to see how things are working out 6 months on from setting the budgets.

Figures will allow us to look into how costs can be brought down i.e. wastage etc.

Grants

After discussion, Monthly grant awarded to Racheal Clarke for european travel to study caberet, on the conditgion of a supporting event and her scholarship being awarded. No quarterly grant awarded.
0 x
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.

User avatar
James
Posts: 1180
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Re: Behind the Scenes 18/12/2008

Postby James » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:06 pm

tech stuff - i just suggested a book in locked cupboard in admin office for storing passwords and so on by pm

money - why does grants and evs make it complicated?
but yes, people should be looking at fiqures now we have them.

I apologise for missing this meeting. had to do overtime for my other work
0 x

User avatar
Duncan
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:22 pm

Re: Behind the Scenes 18/12/2008

Postby Duncan » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:11 pm

I'm sorry I missed this too.

I'd urge more caution on logins, particularly the server access stuff. It's been made a hash of before and I keep it very tight nowadays. I think only Milk and myself have the main details and I prefer to have them passed on directly from me.

Saying that, there are certainly some of them that should be gathered securely where the trusted competents can readily access.

We should make a list.

Off my head, there's :

Server Admin
Router
Joomla Admin
Workstation admin

What else ?
0 x
I love the bomb.

User avatar
ChaoticReality
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:16 am
Location: Edinburgh!
Contact:

Re: Behind the Scenes 18/12/2008

Postby ChaoticReality » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:51 pm

James wrote:money - why does grants and evs make it complicated?


Ryan will be able to explain more clearly, but I think the gist of it was that when trying to work out how much money we are making, "free money" can confuse the issue.
0 x
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

User avatar
James
Posts: 1180
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Re: Behind the Scenes 18/12/2008

Postby James » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:44 am

well yes.
basically we have money from grants that makes our bank account look very large
when really it's earmarked for certain things and can't be spent freely
but that's not hard for the admins to take out of money reports before passing on to the committee. 10 mins work.
its really not a problem.
0 x

User avatar
ChaoticReality
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:16 am
Location: Edinburgh!
Contact:

Re: Behind the Scenes 18/12/2008

Postby ChaoticReality » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:31 pm

stephengoodall wrote:Behind the scenes 18/12/2008
AP Mike to start thread to try to begin collating info in one play for tech stuff- though as some of this needs to be kept secure, should maybe not be posted to public access fora.


On the back of this, please could someone with forum admin set up a tech-forum, where we can post all these details?

Cheers,
M
0 x
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

User avatar
Duncan
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:22 pm

Re: Behind the Scenes 18/12/2008

Postby Duncan » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:19 pm

Done, hopefully. The forest dark arts crawls its slimy way back from the void.
0 x
I love the bomb.


Return to “Minutes”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron