Forest BB

The digital grapevine of The Forest.
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:04 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Sound Meeting - 08/01
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:16 am
Posts: 1111
Location: Edinburgh!
Present: Mike, Nix
Apologies: Sam (rescinded)

Agenda:
1) Tasks to achieve today
2) Ongoing tasks
3) Training


1: Tasks for today
Nix: Finish building Sound Desk cover, buy and fit locks for the same. Test+label all cables and put away in correct place. Fix laminator(?). Tidy Cave. Amps?
Mike: We should get the amps out and turn them off, they've not had a break for a year?
Nix: 3 years
Mike: Yeah, let's give them some downtime and a good clean. We need to try and get a switch set so we can turn them off more, power wastage is stupid.
Nix: People will break it.
Mike: But it's being used for a few hours a day and on for the rest. Still massive power wastage.
AP: Nix to investigate feasibility of locked panel on stage for access to amps
AP: Everyone to work through tasklist. Sound team GO!

2: Long term tasks
Nix: Lets set a goal of having them done in a month. "Deadline" of 2nd Thursday Feb. Sound team meeting to be arranged.
Mike: Sounds good. Todo is Cave PC, membership cards and training/guide.
Nix: Will do membership cards when laminator fixed
Mike: I'd like the Cave PC to be temporarily relocated to action room so I can get easy network access.
Nix: Make sure there's a sign so people know not to use it.
AP: Mike to move Cave PC and get it up and running
AP: Nix to make membership cards for Cave users
AP: Mike/Nix to finish "Idiot's guide to sound" and Equipment sheets.


Sam Arrives. Mike gives recap of previous discussion.

Sam: Suggestion: permanent monitor(s), with talkback mic for the sound desk
Nix: Good idea, can cable tie current monitor in place and put a sign up.
Mike: We can use the DJ mixer to provide a mic input to the desk
AP: Added to tasklist for today

3: Training
Mike: Some EVS interested in basic sound training so they can possibly be "Events managers" on nights with a lot of bands booked or whatever. This was discussed in Cafe and Events yesterday, see minutes for more detail but I said I would do training when people were available. Some people also coming in today around 5pm.
Nix: Cool, let's also make a "Sound Team List" to put up on the wall by the sound corner with names and emails
Mike: Good plan, can we get a sound@forest.org.uk email set up to forward to all interested?
Nix: Milk should be able to do that today.
AP: Nix to liase with Milk about setting up email address/forwarding.

End of meeting! Hooray!


Addendum: Milk arrived and has been APed to fix the laminator today so we can have shiny things, yay!

_________________
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:16 am
Posts: 1111
Location: Edinburgh!
ChaoticReality wrote:
AP: Nix to investigate feasibility of locked panel on stage for access to amps


Investigated. Sound team had an impromptu consensus meeting (Nix, Mike, Shane, Milk, Sam, KM Alex) and decided that it would be too complex. Decision taken to leave amps securely away from everyone as there is more to go wrong if people start fiddling.

ChaoticReality wrote:
AP: Everyone to work through tasklist. Sound team GO!


A cover for the rest of the desk has been built. Locks still to be bought and fitted.
Almost all the cables have been tested and sorted out
The piano has been repaired and now all the keys work again.
The stage has been cleaned and mopped.
The sound area has been cleared out and sorted.


ChaoticReality wrote:
Addendum: Milk arrived and has been APed to fix the laminator today so we can have shiny things, yay!

Milk fixed the laminator, yay Milk!

_________________
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:08 pm
Posts: 4954
Location: edinburgh
very happy you guys are getting on.
r

_________________
-----
www.ryanvanwinkle.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group