hackerspaces call-in

James

hackerspaces call-in

Post by James » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:27 pm

Hello everyone,

it's been about time to set up yet another hackerspaces call-in, and we haven't rested thinking about it recently.
Since we're currently at the 25C3 congress in Berlin, Germany, we were talking to the POC staff yesterday and had them prepare us their server for the upcoming hackerspaces call-in!
Plus, we have an enourmous advantage this time: For the congress, lots of hackerspace founders and collaborators and friends have come to Berlin, talked and worked together, and a lot of enthusiasm and inspiration has spread.

After the Power to the People event hackerspaces.org will be hosting tonight at the c-base, all hackerspace people have the chance to sit together in the base of the space station and give an update on their activities in real life; the set-up will allow everyone to call in through a number I'll forward you within the next hours (we still have to check that back with the POC).

The time of the call-in is: today, Dec. 29th, at 00.00 mn CET / 06.00 pm EST / 03.00 pm PST.
The schedule will pretty much look like the one we already had, approx. 05 min update of each hackerspace + open discussion in the end.

To give an update, please R.S.V.P. on the call-in page at hackerspaces.org/wiki/Call-in/2008.12.29

For questions regarding the call-in or support, please reply to over9000 AT hackerspaces DOT org, the team that's working out all things tech these days now.

Talk to you soon!
/astera
Think that makes it 11pm here, so not entirely to late ... :-p

James

Re: hackerspaces call-in

Post by James » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:34 pm

they have a mailing list at http://lists.hackerspaces.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss
they are trying to sign us up to .. if anyone wants to sign up and represent, go for it .. we are listed on their site.

Martin

Post by Martin » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:33 am

I was at 25C3. Missed the call-in, but I've spoken to many of the people involved before. I'm on the mailing list now.

astera

Post by astera » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:38 pm

Hey everyone,

in case you missed out the notice on the list:
The next hackerspaces call-in will be held on Feb. 05th, at 08pm EST / 05pm PST / 02am CET - so that'd be in the night from 05th to 06th at 01am Western European Time. Infos about the line, etc. will be updated on http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Call-in/2009.02.05.

Like with the 2nd call-in in December, we'll host a hackerspaces dinner (followed by the call-in) again, this time at the HacDC headquarters in Washington, DC.
If anyone of you guys is attending ShmooCon or around for any other reasons, let me know and I'll send you an invite.

However, it would be nice to hear from what you're doing at your space!

Hack on,
/astera

andygray119

Post by andygray119 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:39 pm

martin you beatch get back to me!