Stolen Stories Sales / Budget

Records, publishing, shop etc.
ravanwin

Stolen Stories Sales / Budget

Post by ravanwin » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:17 pm

All -

SS seems to have recouped the original £450 investment. Am I correct in thinking that this resets our budget to £900 for the year? I ask because we may need it for the new GHBook otherwise we will need to pinch some cash from Forest Records. As it stands we may need to ask for £100 from their budget.

Please comment / advise.
r

Shannon

Re: Stolen Stories Sales / Budget

Post by Shannon » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:30 pm

I think originally we decided that budgets didn't roll over from one year to the next, which makes sense if the budgets are set in line with the money we have in the bank account and making a decent yearly prediction of income/expenses, etc.

From what I've been reading, it sounds like finances aren't amazing, given all the potentially large upcoming expenses (licenses, electrics, blah, blah). If this is the case it would seem prudent to use some of the record budget if it's there and untouched, rather than doubling up the publishing budget.

Well fucking done for making the money back so quick! Has the first Golden Hour book brought back in all the money that was spent on it too? If that's the case, it might be worth seeing this as money as a loan rather than a cost and therefore earmarking more than the normal budget to be spent...

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:02 pm

the first GH is close.

I think when we decided the budgets it wasn't that there was a YEARLY roll over just that if your product made the money back then your budget returned to the original ammt.

or something.

r

Jane

Post by Jane » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:47 am

yeah, we said at the first budgets FWG meeting that since things like records and publishing are sources of revenue as well as expense that they would be reset if the money spent was recouped. It was a discussion between that or the individual groups keeping the money they made to spend on new projects (like the cave?) but it was decided it was better the money going back to forest and a budget being given, I think maybe because we decided these are things we would want to support a bit even if they weren't profitable.

shannon's right though, it may make more sense to take more from records.
xx
"We all tend to idealise kindness and tolerance, then wonder why we find ourselves infested with losers and nutcases." Sebastian Horsley

dan

Post by dan » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:56 am

Jane wrote: shannon's right though, it may make more sense to take more from records.
xx
judas

ah no that's fine i guess...
xx
Our big brother's got no heart,
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose