voluntering fayre @ Heriot-Watt University, 21st Jan

James

voluntering fayre @ Heriot-Watt University, 21st Jan

Post by James » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:15 am

So, H-W are launching a Data Base of cool volunteering opportunities for their students, and we are in it.

As part of that launch:
we have decided to have a New Year's launch. As I mentioned, we are having a volunteer fayre to both launch the initiative and give you the opportunity to meet our students and sign them all up for your current and future volunteering activities! The fayre will also be attended by our work experience organisation where alumni from the university have gained graduate positions.

The event will take place on Wednesday the 21st of January from 11am-3pm at Heriot-Watt University and I would love your organisation to come along!

The university will provide a stall for your organisation and space for posters, banners etc.

This really would be a great way for you to meet our students and get lots of publicity.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could reply and let me know if you or a colleague would be able to attend the event by FRIDAY 19TH DEC, even for some of the time of the event, if you do agree I will send you more information and a map so you can easily find us!
Anyone want to go and represent?

ChaoticReality

Re: voluntering fayre @ Heriot-Watt University, 21st Jan

Post by ChaoticReality » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:04 pm

That's the uni I've just dropped out of, so I'll go (It'll be a laugh).

Would be nice if I wasn't on my own, though...
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

milk

Post by milk » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:52 am

i'd like to go along for this as well. tell 'em we're a go-go to represent and that more info would be good!
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

James

Post by James » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:14 am

thanks guys
will post more as it comes

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:36 pm

Bump.
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

James

Post by James » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:41 pm

Volunteer Fair on 21st January details

Hi all,

Firstly thank you for agreeing to take part in the event, we hope it will be very popular and look forward to seeing you all there!

Attached is a map of the campus. The building marked J is the Students Association where the event will be taking place; If you are coming by car there is ample free parking available in the visitor car park, this is on the first right hand side after the large roundabout entering onto the campus. From there if you take the pedestrain route out of the car park, and cross at the Zebra crossing the students association is the building opposite you.

To the Heriot-Watt University Campus by car:
Join the Edinburgh City Bypass and leave it at the Calder junction onto the A71 westbound signposted for the University. Then follow signs for the university. NB a new park and ride bus scheme has recently opened just near the entrance to the university. This is not shown on the map, so the road layout is a bit different to the map, but the signs will get you here. The main entrance to the university is still the big roundabout on Riccarton Mains Rd.

by bus:
Lothian buses services 25, 34 and 45 run between the city centre and the James Watt Centre on the campus. All these bus routes terminate at the campus, so you can simply sit on the bus until it is clearly no longer going anywhere. there are 2 stops on the campus, if you get off at the first stop after the large roundabout you will be opposite the students association.

The fair begins at 11am, and set up is from 10am in committee room 1 or the foyer in the students association

Boards and table will be provided

Tables will be labled with your organisation names

Lunch Buffet is included.

Just to let you know, the Careers advisory service are also holding an internship fair in the students association (in a different room) this will include graduate recruiters from a range of different companies.

Also just to mention things that you may want to bring along:

*leaflets/literature
*posters or if you have ready designed boards/banners
*tablecloth (only if you feel you need one!)
*and finally it being a student event - I'd recommened freebies if you have them! pens/badges/sweets etc!!

If there is any other information you need or are a bit lost on the day please do not hesitate to contact me

Project Officer
Careers Advisory Service
Heriot-Watt University
Edinburgh
Borrow some cool forest things like the golden hour book from the shop to show off.

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:07 pm

their are tk pamphlets in gallery cupboards in a viking box . help yr self !

martin
Heaven is a disaster

Lambchop , The Saturday option .

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:46 am

Unfortunately, I will no longer be able to attend this as I have a funeral to go to on the Thursday and thus will be traveling home.
Mike

milk

Post by milk » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:39 am

i'd still like to go, but not alone, hell no. anyone else interested?
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku