People in the hall tonight (4th Feb)

Front of House, garden etc.
ChaoticReality

People in the hall tonight (4th Feb)

Post by ChaoticReality » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:30 am

Hi,

So the balcony was left unlocked tonight and me and Dai had to chuck people out of the studios (We didn't have a balcony key). We put chairs/ladders/boards across the stairs which I think discouraged anything further but I found at least one broken paintbrush in the hall.

The organisers also didn't seem to care about the PA too much. The speaker stand bag is drenched in all sorts of nasty liquid and at least one of the cables has been damaged.

Cheers,
M
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

ravanwin

Re: People in the hall tonight (4th Feb)

Post by ravanwin » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:26 pm

no refund of deposit.

Lynne

Post by Lynne » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:33 pm

Okay.....so I need to sort out balcony keys for whoever works the hall bookings at night.

I've got no problem with telling last night's booking that we don't like the way they treated the Forest/P.A.

I will speak to whoever comes in for the deposit and see what they say. If they're apologetic, I may give them the deposit back and make a note to never let them make a book again (I will set up a banned file!). But if they're unapologetic and nippy, they're getting nothing!

Sorry guys.

If anyone has any suggestions about how we can make the hall hire & managing the bookings a bit better/tighter, please come and talk to me....

I'm gonna think about changes we need to make as well................

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:24 pm

I don't think its about being apologetic its about the fact the they screwed up Forest stuff, didn't try and sort it out and left it there to be cleaned up...if i owned a rental company and people trashed the things i'd rented to them then they would lose the deposit!

Key FOB!!!!!
It's like God's vagina!

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:26 pm

We could possibly have it so the power can be cut from the action room if needs be.

A more secure lockable door on the balcony? Is there any way to fit a frame so we can have a door at the top of the stairs?

We also need to find some way of deterring people from going out the fire door in the basement as several times last night I had to go and ask people outside to quiet down / move inside so they didn't bug the neighbours.
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

Lynne

Post by Lynne » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:21 pm

Just spoke to Nix about last night and he is of the opinion that we should keep their deposit, so that's what I'll do.

Also mentioned the idea about the balconies Mike.....Nix doesn't think a new door is a possibility....I think we just need to be more vigilant about making sure the balconies are locked by giving the night watch staff keys.

About the back garden, again I spoke to Nix about this and he is going to speak to people who are working at night to keep a closer eye on what's going on in the garden, to make sure people keep the noise down.

Cheers.