Behind the Scenes 19/02/2009 8pm

Working group and other such Forest meeting minutes
stephengoodall

Behind the Scenes 19/02/2009 8pm

Post by stephengoodall » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:36 pm

I've just noticed this is at the same time as the upcoming vollie party.

Is the action room still out of action or can it be used. If no then probably best to reschedule?

There is a bumper crop of grants this time:

Quarterly :
Five Issues
Coal Action Edinburgh
Foundations Dance Collective
Independant Filmaker Pictures

Monthly:
weekly family day in the hall
Forest LED Throwie Event/ Milk
Kasia Gryszczuk
Charlotte Chadwick

Though 2 of the grants don'e meet the criteria for the quarterly, so aren't admissable.

Anything else for the agenda?
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.

stephengoodall

Re: Behind the Scenes 19/02/2009 8pm

Post by stephengoodall » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:13 pm

Two more Monthly Grant applications have come through;

Keer Lai Women's Assosiation
Ewan Mcintyre

Is anyone available to attend?

Ida

Post by Ida » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:28 pm

SHOP SHOP. I can't be there cause I am in Italy until next week. Charlotte is leaving, I would be ready to be the Shop manager during March, unless someone else wants...in this case I will arrange a meeting soon but maybe you could already speak about stuff that has to be done...does someone want to make layout for little promotion cards for the Shop? Can someone help making promotion, creating links etc.?
maybe you could discuss about that. thanks!

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:16 pm

Are we re-arranging this because the vollie party is the same night?
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

Lynne

Post by Lynne » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:07 pm

I don't think so Mike....

I will be at this meeting.

stephengoodall

Post by stephengoodall » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:17 pm

Better do do this meeting on the appointed date if at all possible, in my opinion.

stephengoodall

Post by stephengoodall » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:23 pm

Nix, Stephen, Lynne, Emma, Mike, Sharath

Agenda:

Shop
Website
Charity
Accounts
Grants

Shop-

Decision about new shop manager-

Ida to be shop manager Taskin to do paperwork.
Nix plans tow take a more hands on approach to liasing with shop manager, mentoring etc.
Need volunteers to staff the shop properly after EVS leave.
Emma and Lynne can help to set up some spreadsheets and procedures to help make it work well.
Trying to get the shop making more money- concerns that the money made is not justifying its existence with the earnings currently made.

Is shop necessary? useful training ground for an alternative retail experience- good for artists to sell there goods there. More Forest merchandise. Opening times?

Lights are on overnight- is this a waste? proposal to keep them off instead-

Shop lights to be left off overnight.

Salon- Magda said at the shop meeting that she is leaving but wants to do lots of stuff in the future. Paying 20% per haircut - admin don't know how many haircuts have been made- more records would be more useful.

could be promoted better.

Shop theory:

Artist comes into shop and fills in form- shop agreement 20% (NPF organisations don't pay.) of selling price goes to artist

each month the Shop manager records sales for each artist, does accounts and telephones those that are due money (end of month), they then come into shop to collect funds.

Solidarity goods shop- BizArt could develop a relationship to sell certain things and vice versa- shop could sell lots of music, zines etc. Lots of small stuff.

AK press have volunteered to have some stuff in the shop.

Proposal- run the shop for a trial period to see incomings and see progress to make more earnings.

If trial period includes ferstival earnings might be higher but if space is free it can be rented and make more money. Space could also be used for computers etc. and action room could be used to generate revenue. but we would have to clean the toilets to hold meetings.

if we are going to be moving the shop this should be taken to FWG

If more space in the shop it could be used as radical library and get more people through the door.

AP Mike to set up spreadsheet for shop.

Website

- Milk and Mike have been working on the website- it is going well but there is more to do, the website now hosts the stuff we want. Pogo is friends with the web hoster- we are paying for it but maybe could get for free.

Mike would like to think about free or cheaper webhosting and other funding issues.

Seek out Pogo and Duncan as they know of the webhosting.

Charity

We are a charity lets have a AGM it is part of emma's job to look into what is necessary – update next meeting

we need charity returns...

Accounts- we need to be doing year end accounts, linking in accounting year with charity accounts- in future BTS can look at the accounts.

Look into getting tech support.

Forest accounting year is sep to sep but business is apr to apr and charity is june to june should this be consolidated?

Grants

FWG- should grants be suspended for a while?

Monthly: Keer Lai £100
Quarterly: £300 Foundations Dance Collective