Posting minutes in the Red Room

Front of House, garden etc.
lucky

Posting minutes in the Red Room

Post by lucky » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:07 pm

I've printed off the minutes for past month and given them to the KMs. They're in the communications drawer.

I didn't put them straight up as the walls are a bit busy with DIY fest (which rocks!). Ida told me it would be better to put them in a book and suspend it near the library like the flat book.

I think it's best to have them ON the walls. This way people will be more likely to 'browse' the minutes, understand what we do at meetings and that Forest doesn't just happen by itself. If it's in a book less people will see it.

It was agreed to leave space to post these minutes up. I would greatly appreciate if they were on the walls, as agreed, but I'm leaving it up to FOH to choose where as you're working hard to make it pretty.

A*
Bohnenflaschen!

emi

Re: Posting minutes in the Red Room

Post by emi » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:42 pm

Book is better if you ask me. Make a bright cover or something
officially speaking

milk

Post by milk » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:27 pm

i didn't find out about the flat book until 6 months after being around the forest so i'd be more in favour of an on-the-wall setup so peeps can do the casual browsing thing (in other terms we'd push it out to the people that come in rather than waiting for them to pull it thus vastly reducing the information asymmetry), plus having a book would mean that that only one person could read it at a time and it would be hard for people to find late at night in the darkness when there's a bunch of people already sitting in between it and the potential reader.
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

lucky

Post by lucky » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:30 pm

milk wrote:i didn't find out about the flat book until 6 months after being around the forest so i'd be more in favour of an on-the-wall setup so peeps can do the casual browsing thing (in other terms we'd push it out to the people that come in rather than waiting for them to pull it thus vastly reducing the information asymmetry), plus having a book would mean that that only one person could read it at a time and it would be hard for people to find late at night in the darkness when there's a bunch of people already sitting in between it and the potential reader.
EXACTLY!!!

Emi, Ida, and others who don't agree with me - please can you respect my opinion. The whole point of this is for people to READ THE MINUTES and they WONT'T READ THEM IF THEY'RE IN A BOOK because people won't know where they are.

This is, once again, putting off implimenting and Action Point when it has already be decided.

I made the effort to print these off and organise them a bit, all I asked was to find a space for them that would not intrude on the design of the Red Room. Seeing as no-one's giving me a solution in line with the Action Point, I'm going to just put them where I like when I come in next in a space I will mark off specifically for this purpose. some

Unless someone else can do it better first.

On the wall, not in a book, no discussion.

A*
Bohnenflaschen!

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:33 pm

maybe we can also have them as screen savers on the computers too?
It's like God's vagina!

lucky

Post by lucky » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:23 pm

Ones that project out of the computer directly into your eyes. I'm into that!

A*
Bohnenflaschen!

Duncan

Post by Duncan » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:51 am

We need an Orwellian Big Brother type voice that continuously reads out the minutes over a tannoy, and can't be switched off.
I love the bomb.

amelia

Post by amelia » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:01 pm

I would love them to be on the wall.

What if there is a noticeboard designed just for them with a heading for example "behind the scenes" or "the way the forest runs..." or something.
Such a notice board displaying them proudly, as part of the natural decor on the wall, in the newly reno-d room. I would read it all. It would be 'open house' and inviting and educative of cooperative principles at play.

All other notes and advertising could be on a different wall/place. Keeping it separate like this I see no reason why they can't be on the wall, as it could get a bit confusing if they were amongst the general notes.

stephengoodall

Post by stephengoodall » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:13 pm

displaying in an euyecatching way like the above would also mean that they would be read more frequently also.

I like the idea of a board made up espescially for them, it could be hung on the wall on the left as you walk in, where the community board used to be.
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.

lucky

Post by lucky » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:40 pm

If someone could make that happen, please do. I'm busy with other hidden stuff.

A*
Bohnenflaschen!