Website Authorities

stephengoodall

Website Authorities

Post by stephengoodall » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:42 pm

Hi

Could somebody with the website sjills please give the user "totalkunst" editing authority for the grants pages of the website? I need to make amendments re the decision at the last FWG and update the list of grants awarded.

Many thanks in advance,

Stephen.
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.

ChaoticReality

Re: Website Authorities

Post by ChaoticReality » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:03 pm

Ask milk or Duncan if you catch them. I have no luck getting the web crew to respond via the BB.
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

milk

Post by milk » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:57 pm

try now, should be working for ya
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

milk

Post by milk » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:58 pm

ChaoticReality wrote:I have no luck getting the web crew to respond via the BB.
go on then, sign up for the new site like i asked in Dark Arts a couple of weeks ago and we'll get stuff done :)
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:38 pm

can i be an admin for new site , ive registered . i would like to be able to play with tk pages ,
also total kunst needs a account . i will put this as a agenda point in the next visual arts meeting as to how we can now use it .
well done milk it looks good

martin
Heaven is a disaster

Lambchop , The Saturday option .

milk

Post by milk » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:00 pm

sorted. please report any probs with the site to myself.

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:18 pm

so i guess its ok just to play with it ?

martin
Heaven is a disaster

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:53 pm

Milk: The problem is that I wanted to fix the website months ago and it could have been done but I couldn't get any response back then (and I really did try).

I spoke to my Mum on the phone today and she said she'd been on the Forest website and she found it really difficult to use. She said it was badly laid out and the navigation was awful and I have to say I agree with her. The sooner we get the new site up, the better.
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:12 pm

i think it should have a deadline to go live , like 1 month or even live now. the basic things to get going is the events being posted on to it . possibility in front page splash like the old web site . the current events thing looks weak but its a start .

it important to get people using it quickly and find out all the problems . all the text needs to be updated and parsed for mistakes . it says we have a screen printing facity , i would say not yet . ect

milk i dont have seem to admin access , i can create content but not able to edit anything else .
Heaven is a disaster

stephengoodall

Post by stephengoodall » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:45 am

Thanks Milk - i can now edit the relevant pages...

And thanks to all involved in the new website- it is looking pretty swish!

Can i be admined as well please- username "stephengoodall"

cheers
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.

milk

Post by milk » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:26 pm

martinmckenna wrote:i think it should have a deadline to go live , like 1 month or even live now. the basic things to get going is the events being posted on to it . possibility in front page splash like the old web site . the current events thing looks weak but its a start .
one thing needing dealt with is the 'event views' system that would allow flyer/poster/images of upcoming events to be displayed on the front page. this is one of the last important-for-us things that hasn't officially been ported to drupal 6, though there's a hack patch that i'll look at implementing very soon.
milk i dont have seem to admin access , i can create content but not able to edit anything else .
whoopsy, added the role to your account in a rush before heading out and selected the wrong one but i fixed that a couple of days ago and see you've made use of it since :)

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:58 pm

yeah it shame about the events views not being ready .once thats ready to go then it will be sweet . have you tryed the development version . ill try it out on my local install

milk you could send me the theme ,

who did the changes on it . very good !

martin
Heaven is a disaster

milk

Post by milk » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:50 pm

twas i that made the changes - the latest version of the theme (as of a couple of days ago) is attached to the drupal website thread in the dark arts subforum.

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:12 pm

well i tryed out the events views module . and its incompatible with drupal 6.8 . and the file ive got hasnt been updated since
June 13, 2008 . so its not looking good .

any ideas ?

ill have look and see what i can find out ,

nice job on the theme milk .

martin
Heaven is a disaster

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:36 am

this is all i can find

http://drupal.org/node/293894

martin
Heaven is a disaster

milk

Post by milk » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:26 am

yeah, it's the hack patch in #13 and #15 that i was referring to

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:28 pm

sweet !
Heaven is a disaster

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:21 am

If needed, I can hack up a mod/plugin for Drupal. Have previous experience...
Mike

Duncan

Post by Duncan » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:09 am

Is it possible we can get rid of Drupal's fascist password restrictions? It's far too heavy handed. From what I've read up it used to have settings in Drupal 5 but the way they integrated it into the core thing of 6 took the settings away, forcing super strict password forming. I think fixing requires hacking the php code.

Case of geek obsession with security way out of balance with usability.
I love the bomb.

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:26 am

I can fix that too.
Mike

milk

Post by milk » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:55 pm

i've got the event view installed and displaying event poster images on the front page.
Duncan wrote:Is it possible we can get rid of Drupal's fascist password restrictions? It's far too heavy handed.
you only have to include either one upper-case letter, a number or a non-alphanumeric character for a password the site will accept. that is way not super strict password forming requirement, no?
ChaoticReality wrote:If needed, I can hack up a mod/plugin for Drupal. Have previous experience...
that would be fantastic if required. have you used Drupal 6? and again, please register on the new site, thanks :)

Duncan

Post by Duncan » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:30 pm

milk wrote:i've got the event view installed and displaying event poster images on the front page.

you only have to include either one upper-case letter, a number or a non-alphanumeric character for a password the site will accept. that is way not super strict password forming requirement, no?
That is so way super strict! And I think it has to be a number AND a non-alphanumeric. It's going to be a world of password forgetting.

It very much annoys my technical aesthetic sensibilities that they took away the option.
I love the bomb.

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:13 am

I'm with Duncan on this one. People are stupid and will forget passwords. They can reset but eventually will get irritated and bitch at us till we change it.
Mike

milk

Post by milk » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:24 am

Duncan wrote:
milk wrote:i've got the event view installed and displaying event poster images on the front page.

That is so way super strict! And I think it has to be a number AND a non-alphanumeric. It's going to be a world of password forgetting.

It very much annoys my technical aesthetic sensibilities that they took away the option.
my engllish was correct - it's not both, it's just one of those :) i'd rather people were forced to use something you couldn't find in a cracker's brute force dictionary login script. i don't want the potential for someone with publishing or editing rights to be able to set a bad password and allow someone with a grudge against the forest to use this flaw and do bad things. if anyone forgets their password, that's their issue - there is a perfectly good 'forgotten your password?' route for anyone who does, and i'm sure this would help in the mindset change in web noobs towards the importance of not forgetting such important details.

Duncan

Post by Duncan » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:54 pm

Ok, I'm not sure if it's changed since my first go but more thorough testing says:

It does complain if you don't include digit AND punctuation.

BUT, it doesn't enforce it, at all. It appears to complain, but if you ignore it it'll let you have whatever. Happily accepted the password 'tree'.

I agree it needs to be reasonably fussy, but I would drop the punctuation requirement.
I love the bomb.