Name it!

Forest is people. People is you. You is us.
Emma

Name it!

Post by Emma » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:58 pm

We need your inspiration!

Any ideas on a name for the Forest Fundraiser Event to be held 23 April at the Roxy? We want this for fliers, posters, email invites etc.

You probably already know but the event is to help raise cash for The Forest. We are really skint and need to make lots of money to help pay the rent and other bills. You can find lots more details in the minutes thread.

Post your ideas and votes here by 1 April.

Thanks!

:idea:

baloo

Re: Name it!

Post by baloo » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:57 pm

decadoo.
up and at it.

Jimmy Bastard

Post by Jimmy Bastard » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:10 pm

FUNDRAISER/HELLRAISER.
maybe as a byline.
Pep Up The Turmoil

kyewtee

Post by kyewtee » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:02 am

something cutesy like..... forest of dreams? D= I dunno
Bridget
Self Proclaimed Genius~

baloo

Post by baloo » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:36 am

how about callin it forest?
up and at it.

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:58 am

"F"
Heaven is a disaster

Lambchop , The Saturday option .

amelia

Post by amelia » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:06 pm

maybe 'Forest for Forest' ? Folk are so used to the Forest helping others and it would highlight this, as well as calling attention to something needing for the forest, would grab attention from helpful types, highlights a real need without sounding negative or desperate and has the appeal of those 'band-aid' concerts etc :?:

lucky

Post by lucky » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:39 pm

FeteRaiser HellRaiser? It is going to be like a Fete after all.

A*
Bohnenflaschen!

amelia

Post by amelia » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:42 pm

'Forest hellraiser fundraiser fete'?

Putting it all together, I like the play on words here. It has all the nurturing and action based aspects to it and it touches upon the fate of the forest if not enough money is made.

baloo

Post by baloo » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:07 pm

The "F" off.
up and at it.

baloo

Post by baloo » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:08 pm

just beein silly.
sorry.x
up and at it.

thehemulen

Post by thehemulen » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:11 pm

howbout:
"60s not old for a tree" Macheney used to where a tshirt with that printed on it
"save the fascist cafe" a timeless slogan! or
"pay entry for this so 4rest can continue putting on free events in future" - ok, not so catchy i know but i think its a wee bit ironic

certainly think we should get merched up to the max for the fundraiser - fivers not much so hopefully people would have a quid or two spare to spend on tshirts, frisbees, books, cds, mugs, stickers etc...
"If something is boring after two minutes, try it for four. If still boring, then eight. Then sixteen. Then thirty-two. Eventually one discovers that it is not boring at all." --John Cage.

amelia

Post by amelia » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:04 pm

I kinda like the 'F' off. What if, it is the FOREST FUND& hellRAISER FETE otherwise known as THE 'F' ? Or Fto the 3 I can see that in poster form etc, some with the full name and others with a giant F and nothing else so that people wanna know, no HAVETA know what the 'F' stands for...it will eat into their consciousness...

graeme

Post by graeme » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:09 pm

For F*@~#?'s sake.

amelia

Post by amelia » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:16 am

For F#@#!*'s Sake, OR F#### Off, FETE? This incorporates the two as well as hints realistically that it is for the very sake of the forest's continual existence, but does so in a catchy non desperate way.

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:50 am

FF00FF

magenta, the pink fury

martin
Heaven is a disaster

Lambchop , The Saturday option .

Emma

Post by Emma » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:00 am

Thanks for all the fabbie ideas. Sorry forgot to update on Saturday... The consensus at the Fundraiser Meeting was to go with:

For F*@#$£'s Sake

A Hellraiser Fundraiser Fete

Duncan

Post by Duncan » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:40 pm

Sorry, I totally didn't contribute, wasn't at the meeting and I couldn't think of anything good, but I'm going to express an opinion anyway.

It's vulgar. Not only that but it's classic design by committee, a degenerate mash of creative elements to achieve consensus.

You should have listened to Jones.

I'm actually in physical pain.
I love the bomb.

amelia

Post by amelia » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:56 pm

Maybe it could seem as though it was going to be vulgar..., but that could be an appeal for some people. For heaven's sake is a familiar saying. The use of 'sake' here is great.

The 'F' use in this way I think is a clever and courageous attention grabber. Also the money symbols used in exchange of letters and the @ symbol. The description/secondary heading, makes it clear and is catchy for those who like more words.

Consensus/general agreement/to make the most people happy - a bad thing? A committee that is working well/cares for those it represents, uses this technique when there is need to make choices. I like it :!: :)

I am sorry you are in pain - me too, just had a lower wisdom tooth ripped and drilled outa ma head! It was an assault to me, like I was being bashed/mugged and having one of those 'gold filling' stolen in a street somewhere. My body went into shock and my breathing got fast and I left the body for a while which startled the young women who were holding my hands.

amelia

Post by amelia » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:05 pm

Didn't they used to steal gold fillings out of teeth in the past? Do they still do gold fillings? What made me kinda sick is an article I read on some rich people in the states getting jewelry constructed onto their teeth...yes i know this has NOTHING to do with anything but the last thing I wrote, so over and out on teeth, and some arnica homeopathic remedy for me to get so I can think of something else... :!:

neil

Post by neil » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:53 pm

Duncan wrote:Sorry, I totally didn't contribute, wasn't at the meeting and I couldn't think of anything good, but I'm going to express an opinion anyway.
me too....
Duncan wrote:It's vulgar. Not only that but it's classic design by committee, a degenerate mash of creative elements to achieve consensus.
this is absolutely true.

"Save the fascist cafe" is, of course, genius.

baloo

Post by baloo » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:44 pm

questions like:
hey but whadelse do we do?
Is it so important?
Whats wrong with vulgar?

And to quote milk "hey if you don't like it come to a meeting"

:)

A rose by a vulgar name would still smell as sweet.x
up and at it.

amelia

Post by amelia » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:43 am

How does that saying go? People see things the way THEY are. They see things through their interpretation as info goes through all their 'mind files' and this is the way it should be. Great to have committees that organise and take input.

It is easy for me to see the 'F' as representative of all the F's that came up in the contributing time, and I see it as For Forest's Sake but with the attention grabber and desperation that is achieved with for Fuck's Sake. Could it be a solution to have For Forest's Sake, in full, on some of the advertising :?: :)

neil

Post by neil » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:09 pm

Thanks, Amelia. I think Duncan & I shall take your disagreement to be a validation of our point.

Duncan

Post by Duncan » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:21 pm

A rose by a vulgar name would still smell as sweet.x
But would it though? The brain is a fickle thing. Perception is entirely abstract, informed by context and experience as much as raw sensation.

Not entirely different to what Amelia is saying but I wouldn't apply it to committees in the same way. I think the goal of a committee is to establish a common context, beyond that of individuals, an emergent greater intelligence almost.

I'd go with 'Save the forestfascist cafe'. It's irreverant and also alludes to our necessary submission to the man.
I love the bomb.

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:45 pm

classic forest! love it.

baloo

Post by baloo » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:24 pm

ivy leaf toad-flax?
a beautifull wee plant.

Yes, dunciduncan, a rose called shit-fuck would still be a rose.

:)

i gave up disagreeing with forest a long time ago.
up and at it.

amelia

Post by amelia » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:56 pm

But there was no disagreement from me. I was simply offering what I perceived as easy solutions to abate some over sensitivities perceived. :) I knew you had not been to a meeting, but I gave your view time, as I didn't imagine it was such a problem for you but thought you only trying to assist the Forest to do well.

Sometimes we can only see negatively or with greater ease to see negatively as it is the familiar route our brain patterns fall into. We gotta consciously wrench ourselves out of it and what a relief it is. It is only a fundraiser for a lovely concept, of a very beneficial to many, organisation, afterall... :)