Forest Fundraiser Minutes 28 March

Working group and other such Forest meeting minutes
Emma
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:38 am

Forest Fundraiser Minutes 28 March

Postby Emma » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:45 pm

NEXT MEETING - 4 APRIL 2PM ACTION ROOM

Present -
Tove, Simone, Marine, Alex, Deborah, Isla, Abby, Anna, Mike, Tim, Ilaria, Steven, Gareth, Jamie, Era, Emma

Carried forward action points:

Smells - Alex (nearer time)
Entrance - as above
Food - Ida and kitchen managers
Booze - Jamie (budget will be agreed, Jamie to order and update Emma/Lynne on costs etc)
Forest recordings - Emma to check with Nix
Slushie machine - Graham
Smoke machine - Simone to check with Dai
Tombola - Emma to organise prizes

New Points & Updates:

Date:
Date agreed at 23 April. Roxy is booked all day for set up.

Decorations:
Simone confirmed bunting. Nix to confirm on tents etc. Tove joined group. Mike mentioned floating chair. Further updates due next time.

Newsletter/invite:
Ilaria has drafted but needs more details to complete before sending. Aims to do by end of week.

Bands:
Ilaria has made a short list and is in the process of organising bands. Alex will help Ilaria with contact details and organising.

Bar staff:
Mike and Gareth will share bar manager responsibility on the night. Gareth to make a rota and list of all bar staff for the event and pass to Alex as Roxy needs this in advance.

Times:
We agreed to run event from 4pm to 11pm. From 4pm to 6.30pm will be family friendly with no bar. After 6.30pm kids out and bar open.

Price:

Discussed that £10 too much and would exclude some from coming. All agreed £5 good price and we will still make decent return on that. Food will still be free but we could invite donations too for those that can manage. Tim will make a box for food area.

Event name:
We want a name for the event for invites etc. Agreed that we will put it out to all to come up with ideas on BB.

Face painting:
Marine volunteered to do this.

Laughing gas:
Not going ahead!

Screen printing:
Steven has put out BB post asking for donations of t-shirts, bags, material. Deborah volunteered to help with printing and has ideas for designs. Abby has volunteered to make bags for printing. Steven will also make patches for sale.

Music:
Mike will arrange music for in between bands etc.

Family friendly time:

Kids allowed in from 4 to 6.30pm and we will do lots of things for them:
Puppet show
Parachute and other games
Poi lessons
Anna and Isla will organise a schedule for this part of the day.
Kids get in free if under 12.

Forestopoly:
Isla will make games for sale on the day.

Margaritas:
Alex to speak to Jane for recipe.

A0:
Era confirmed this will be done separate to fundraiser event.

Door staff:
We need people to man the doors, keep people from being noisy etc. Tim volunteered to find people and arrange a rota (1/2 hour shifts)

Forest choir:
Abby (or someone else?) volunteered to ask Chandra.

Sound:
Mike to organise sound checks/engineer for night.

Poster:
Abby will design and bring storyboard for next meeting


List of what's planned so far:

4pm - 6.30pm
Family time

6.30pm to 11pm
Competitions - home brew, cakes, veggies, human livestock
Bands
Food
Bar
Slushie margaritas
Tombola
Massage & Bach flower remedies
Face painting
Forest shop (t-shirts, patches, bags, games)


NEXT MEETING 4 APRIL 2PM ACTION ROOM!
[/b]
0 x

User avatar
kyewtee
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Forest Fundraiser Minutes 28 March

Postby kyewtee » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:19 pm

mmm, sounds good, sorry I missed the meeting <_> I'll make the next one assuming I don't get called away on the day again =x I'll have to practice looking imposing and chase down tim about doing a shift bouncering the doors~
0 x
Bridget
Self Proclaimed Genius~

User avatar
milk
Posts: 1798
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Contact:

Re: Forest Fundraiser Minutes 28 March

Postby milk » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:34 pm

just to say that i've moved this from 'The Peoples Forum' to 'Minutes', thanks :)
0 x
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

amelia
Posts: 240
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:03 pm
Location: a beautiful garden far away

Re: Forest Fundraiser Minutes 28 March

Postby amelia » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:14 pm

Hi,looks great, would it be easier to have a gold coin donation (pound/2 pound coins) per child, instead of making them free? It is not much, children add up and the parents would be appreciative of the activities offered etc.
It is a fund raiser so that these activities can continue at all. If it is very cost prohibitive then of course "whatever you can give by coin" be accepted, but it is completely suitable I feel for some energy to be received. Praps if they are on an organising commitee, they can be there/children in for free.

I feel the Forest can ask this, and that it will only be taken as the Forest is in need of money...and it is. :!: :)
0 x

User avatar
lucky
Posts: 1460
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Re: Forest Fundraiser Minutes 28 March

Postby lucky » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:43 pm

Apparently kids are allowed to be around when the bar is open. There is a big line around the bar saying don't come inside this line if you're underage.

A*
0 x
Bohnenflaschen!

User avatar
Duncan
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:22 pm

Re: Forest Fundraiser Minutes 28 March

Postby Duncan » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:04 pm

Perhaps we should encourage responsible family planning by charging extra for third and subsequent children?
0 x
I love the bomb.

User avatar
kyewtee
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Forest Fundraiser Minutes 28 March

Postby kyewtee » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:28 am

To be honest I was shocked when I read that kids would go free =x seems a bit strange considering we're so poor and need money so much D= maybe it might attract more customers if we say "free" but~ I don't think a pound would scare people away either, since it's £5 for adults~ ^_^;
0 x
Bridget
Self Proclaimed Genius~

User avatar
Jane
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:10 pm
Contact:

Re: Forest Fundraiser Minutes 28 March

Postby Jane » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:38 am

I would also say may kids pay. Especially if there are special activities being put on for them. It's hardly going to make it expensive for families if it's two pounds or one pound. Not like going to the theme park in ocean terminal. BY THE WAY, THERE"S GOING TO BE THEME PARK IN OCEAN TERMINAL. I'm fucking excited.
0 x
"We all tend to idealise kindness and tolerance, then wonder why we find ourselves infested with losers and nutcases." Sebastian Horsley

User avatar
Duncan
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:22 pm

Re: Forest Fundraiser Minutes 28 March

Postby Duncan » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:30 pm

Jane wrote:BY THE WAY, THERE"S GOING TO BE THEME PARK IN OCEAN TERMINAL. I'm fucking excited.


I don't care about the Forest anymore.
0 x
I love the bomb.


Return to “Minutes”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron