Forest Fundraiser Minutes - 4 April 2009

Working group and other such Forest meeting minutes
Emma
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:38 am

Forest Fundraiser Minutes - 4 April 2009

Postby Emma » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:53 pm

Present - Ilaria, Gareth, Tove, Abby, Stephen, Ida, Deborah, Isla, Ida, Graeme, Alex, Emma

Carried forward action points:


Smells - Alex (nearer the time)
Entrance - as above
Decorations - Simone to provide details
Door staff - Tim to provide a rota

New points & updates:

Food:

Ida is organising. Recipes, team for cooking, orders, cleaning up, serving rota, checking Roxy kitchen all to be organised this week. Ida to get help from KMs for ordering and menus. Also to order soft drinks.

Smoke, bubbles and lights:

It was decided that we will not use the smoke machine as those not in favour had strong reasons against - bad for health etc. We will use the bubble machine and Nix to fix. Nix will organise disco lighting. Gareth and Abby may have access to black lights and UV strips for entrance. They will check.

Transport & Storage:

Emma to put post on BB asking for people to help transport items to Roxy. Emma to check if we can store anything at Roxy in advance.

Newsletter/poster:

Ilaria has drafted a newsletter for invites. Abby will work on poster with Ilaria so has same info, names, text etc. Newsletter/invite to be sent on Monday/Tuesday this week latest.

Bands/acts:


Ilaria confirmed that the following have agreed to play on the night - Pockets, Billy Liar, Black Cat, White Heath, Ruby and the Emeralds. Ilaria to check if Forest Choir can also perform on the night.
We discussed bands selling their merchandise and agreed this was a good thing as they were performing for free. They will have their own stall. Alex to arrange with bands.

Bar staff:

Gareth has organised and provided rota to Alex for passing to Dan at Roxy.

Times:

Bar will be open from 4pm now.

Kids paying:


There were a few comments on BB suggesting that kids pay or we ask for a donation. This was discussed and it was agreed that we thought would be a good gesture if kids would still get in free as its only a small portion of the event and there will be areas were we will be collecting cash from kids/parents - drinks, cakes etc.

Event name:

We looked at the suggestions and agreed on "For F*@$#'s Sake" with the byline "Fundraiser Hellraiser Fete"

Screen printing:

Stephen has this in hand. Deborah and Gareth helping.

Kids part of day:

Isla and Anna have in hand. Puppet show being organised and lots of games will be available. Gandalf stopped by and may be able to offer big box full of juggling balls, spinning plates etc for the day as long as it will be supervised.

Margaritas:

Slushie machine working. Graeme has tested and has to do a few more things but will be there on night. Alex testing recipes tonight after his big Grand National win. We will also have a virgin option.

Sound & music:

Nix has spoken to Shane who will be sound engineer on night. Nix to check in with him to do sound checks during the day. Ilaria to confirm with acts times for sound checks between 1pm and 4pm. Nix will be arranging Forest jukebox using Mike's laptop.

Produce stalls:

Nix is making posters inviting people to enter competition. There will be cake, jams, chutneys, seeds and home brew competitions. Produce will be sold off after competition judged. We will have bearded vicars judging. Ryan will be a judge. Emma to ask Nick too. Nix looking for one other bearded judge. Nix also going to run some other competitions that will appear as surprises on the night such as the human livestock idea.

Cafe:

Cafe will close at 7pm with a big sign on door asking people to come to the Roxy instead. Nix to make a poster.

Forest shop:

Nix confirmed Ida is setting this up at the event and we will sell Forest publications fare. We may also have a one-off CD for sale if this can be prepared in time.

New Schedule:

(All the awesome fete things we agreed before - face painting, massage, food, tombola, food, Forest shop etc etc)

4.00pm to 6.30pm - Kids time
6.30pm to 7.00pm - Breather/band set up
7.15pm to 7.45pm - Choir/Pockets
7.45pm to 8.00pm - Break
8.00pm to 8.30pm - Haley and Billy Liar
8.30pm to 8.45pm - Break and Produce Judging
8.45pm to 9.15pm - White Heath
9.15pm to 9.30pm - Break and more Judging
9.30pm to 10.00pm - Ruby & the Emeralds
10.00pm to 10.15pm - Break
10.15pm to 11.00pm - Black Cat
11.00pm - CLOSE

Compere:

It was suggested that Pockets would be great at this. Nix to ask.
0 x

User avatar
ChaoticReality
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:16 am
Location: Edinburgh!
Contact:

Re: Forest Fundraiser Minutes - 4 April 2009

Postby ChaoticReality » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:26 pm

Emma wrote:Nix will be arranging Forest jukebox using Mike's laptop.


Will he?
0 x
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

User avatar
Jane
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:10 pm
Contact:

Re: Forest Fundraiser Minutes - 4 April 2009

Postby Jane » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:18 am

just so you know, beware of the bubble machine, it makes the ground DEADLY. we all have twisted ankles from last time. make sure it is aimed at the sky and there is no dancing underneath it.
x
0 x
"We all tend to idealise kindness and tolerance, then wonder why we find ourselves infested with losers and nutcases." Sebastian Horsley

User avatar
nix
Posts: 1231
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:49 am

Re: Forest Fundraiser Minutes - 4 April 2009

Postby nix » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:19 am

ChaoticReality wrote:Nix will be arranging Forest jukebox using Mike's laptop.


this was not quite what we decided.

more like:

Nix will ask mike to help him set up the forest jukebox ...
0 x

User avatar
ChaoticReality
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:16 am
Location: Edinburgh!
Contact:

Re: Forest Fundraiser Minutes - 4 April 2009

Postby ChaoticReality » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:58 pm

Ok, so my computer, which was initially offered to run the music with, is no longer needed?

Cool. Much less hassle for me this way :D
0 x
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

Emma
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:38 am

Re: Forest Fundraiser Minutes - 4 April 2009

Postby Emma » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:22 am

Sorry for this Mike and Nix! I did type the mins very very fast.

Nix - that was exactly what had meant to write but my brain translated it all wrong and lost its manners! What a duffer.
0 x

simone
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:47 am

Re: Forest Fundraiser Minutes - 4 April 2009

Postby simone » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:55 am

i have a car for moving stuff that is not too big and am free all day
0 x
I saw two shooting stars last night, i wished on them, but they were only satellites.
is it wrong to wish on space hardware?
(Billy Bragg)

User avatar
dan
Posts: 1410
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:04 pm

Re: Forest Fundraiser Minutes - 4 April 2009

Postby dan » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:49 pm

we would need to rejig schedule I think so aims to end at 10.45 (allowing for runover then).
0 x
Our big brother's got no heart,
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose


Return to “Minutes”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron