wicker chairs for the garden? maybe not

Front of House, garden etc.
Susana

wicker chairs for the garden? maybe not

Post by Susana » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:09 am

I saw this freebie of 2 wicker chairs in Gumtree and thought maybe we could have them in the back garden to compensate for not being allowed to sit on chairs on the pavement. So I took them, just in case. Then I remembered someone saying that we are not allowed extra furniture in that garden. So maybe that is it. You may tell me otherwise, though...

Thank you :wink:
Susanita, la amiga tonta de Mafalda

swithun

Re: wicker chairs for the garden? maybe not

Post by swithun » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:03 pm

Chairs lead to people, and people lead to bongos, and I'm sure I don't have to point out the strong causal link between bongos and swine flu.

baloo

Post by baloo » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:37 pm

we can have a secret sheltered space with a sign saying "volunteers only"...i was plannin to do this anyway, just in our wee patch. Are they big chairs? I'd love a nice chair to sit in after dealin wid that tiny plot of mess again.. :)
up and at it.

Susana

Post by Susana » Sat May 02, 2009 10:00 am

I need you, people, to help me think of a feasible water-proof cover for the chairs.... PLEASE. Unless, of course, you can think of a space where they can be left when not in use,..
- the crafty room? there is no space in there...
- any other room you can think of...

If we have to make a cover for them, with what?:

- shower curtains?
- lino?
- oilcloth?
- bubblewrap plastic?

and most importantly.. what method you suggest for putting the pieces together, in a water-tight way?:

- simple, good old heavy-tape?
- sewing?
- ?????

HELP! I NEED SOMEBODY, HELP!
(when i was younger, so much younger than today...)

And coming back to your ghaaastly cigaretes' holder... darling, if you really MUST, you could always use the 'office'*** for such a hideous purpose :wink:

***: Office: the one so called by our dear Handsome Jack: the bus shelter....

Mucho, mucho love

Susana

Post by Susana » Sat May 02, 2009 12:53 pm

Mind you, there are these foldable chairs @£5 in £strecher. Of course they are not recycled and they will disappear
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

amelia

Post by amelia » Sat May 02, 2009 11:35 pm

Is i' rrrrreally sucha non-wee thing ta put out a coupla chairs in thrrr mornin' out tha' downstairs garrrrrden doorrrr nearrrrr ta tha crrrrafty rrrroom :?: They can happily just hang in tha entrance there canna they, afterrrr it's lawked? Nor? Than why nor? :?

Cerrrrtainly a perrrmnant chairrrrrr is a bonnie idea, bu' therrrrrrre gotta be a place ta si' in tha meantime.

I favour grrrrass & heatherrrrr to sit in. An' daisies ta make daisychains ta wearrrrrr. Orrrrrrr, bales of strrrrraw orrrrrderrrred in. Och...aye...

Susana

Post by Susana » Mon May 04, 2009 8:21 pm

Maybe i'll just bring them and leave them at that small space at the end of the stairs (there is right now, I tkink, a buggy). They coud live there with a note stating that they are for the sole purpose of the volunteers garden patch.... I will go ahead unless someone disagrees, ok? :mrgreen:

Lynne

Post by Lynne » Wed May 06, 2009 1:15 pm

Emma had to deal with a (reasonable) complaint from one of our neighbours on Saturday just gone.

Basically, people were out in the garden on Friday night (I don't know who), and someone had fallen through one of the benches causing it to break. This must have caused a bit of hillarity, and resulted in lots of noise?!

Anyway, the neighbour was really nice, saying he had a lot of time for the Forest and that he really doesn't want to complain to the Council about us (again!), but he was sad because that bench had been there for a long time...

I've just spoken to a couple of people about this, and we are not allowed to sit out in the communal space anyway. We actually shouldn't be going outwith the boundary of our piece of garden...

So, I'm afraid it has to be a resounding 'NO' to wicker chairs for the garden!

Lynne

Post by Lynne » Wed May 06, 2009 1:22 pm

Sorry, Emma has already put a post up about the complaint called 'Garden - our neighbours are miffed :(' in the 'building' section of the bb.

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Wed May 06, 2009 1:46 pm

I'm not sure who was outside, I was busy doing the sound engineering but that old bench was rotten and already falling apart.

We'd been outside earlier in the day and it already looked ready-to-break then.
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

Susana

Post by Susana » Wed May 06, 2009 3:37 pm

Oh! I thought that Baloo was thinking to use them in that tiny bit of garden that is ours... Was that not the case??? :?:

Lynne

Post by Lynne » Thu May 07, 2009 6:20 pm

Oh, sorry Susana, I didn't realise you meant our wee bit of garden!!!

If Blue thinks it's fine to put them in there, then go for it!

But it is a rather small area, and we do have lots of stuff to move into there (plastic pots etc., that are in the communal garden area)....

Susana

Post by Susana » Thu May 07, 2009 8:35 pm

Well we need Baloo to say for certain if he meant that patch of the garden... In any case the chairs probably couldn't be left there permanently because of the weather destroying them, which is why I suggested to keep them in that tiny space in the landing of the stairs were there is at the moment a buggy. Then the chairs would only be taken to the 'tiny' garden when volunteers want to sit there. (I did contemplate several possibilities for making covers for them so that they could be left outside but I couldn't get to any reliable solution, i.e., making them with of lino? with bubble plastic?... -you are welcome to suggest things..-)

Susana

Post by Susana » Tue May 12, 2009 12:10 pm

So, I left the 2 chairs in that space at the end of the stairs. Not the design you would have chosen... but hey! life is not perfect.. :wink: