Free sofas in Gumtree

Front of House, garden etc.
Susana

Free sofas in Gumtree

Post by Susana » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:34 pm

I have been checking the gumtree freebie section daily for the past 3 weeks and one thing that is offered very frequently is sofas. I've noticed one particular sofa in the cafe (the beige one) is looking quite dirty. Maybe we could just get a new one. I can notify whoever is in charge of this when another one is offered and liaise with, say, Kent and/or someone else and organize to bring it. There again, maybe there is a cleaning product that could clean it with no sweat. in tath case I think I can offer myself to just do it...
Susanita, la amiga tonta de Mafalda

baloo

Re: Free sofas in Gumtree

Post by baloo » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:14 am

i not sure what sofa passion roams the forest these days. .... anyone think we due a new sofa?
up and at it.

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:23 pm

hi

tove is the front of house coordinator . it would be good to talk her about this type of thing . and help her make the cafe look brill !

martin
Heaven is a disaster

Lambchop , The Saturday option .

Susana

Post by Susana » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:31 pm

Update on the dirty sofa issue:

I tried removing the covers of the beige sofa but no success... much too hard and i guess it would be even harder to put back.. I may try using some effective cleaning product, although I doubt that so many stains will come off... in which case we will have to think of getting another one, i think. (I would go for a leather one... although I haven't seen a leather one for free... I have, though, in charity shops, from time to time.. for a very reasonable price. It may be worth considering.) :roll:

I am liaising with Tove..

dan

Post by dan » Mon May 11, 2009 3:27 pm

hey does forest want the 3 piece sweet (photo attached)? If so PM me. Would need picked up from Edinburgh somewhere.

D x
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Our big brother's got no heart,
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose

Susana

Post by Susana » Mon May 11, 2009 6:45 pm

I have covered the back cushions of the Forest 'dirty' sofa with other cushion-covers and maybe it is ok for now... but the sofa in the photo has all-over-removable-covers which means that the whole upholstery can be easily removed and washed with no problem... What I wouldn't know is whether the Forest can home the 2 big armchairs...

Any thoughts, anyone??

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Tue May 12, 2009 3:50 am

Yes! Armchairs rock!

Joey & Co might like them for the Old Hat Stuff (if they ever actually get round to doing it), since he said to me they were going to put more seating in.
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

dan

Post by dan » Tue May 12, 2009 10:52 am

ok well PM me when decision is reached.
D x
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose

Jane

Post by Jane » Tue May 12, 2009 11:08 am

my god, everything about that room is horrid dan gorman. Though I am coveting that standard lamp and gold picture frame none the less...
"We all tend to idealise kindness and tolerance, then wonder why we find ourselves infested with losers and nutcases." Sebastian Horsley

swithun

Post by swithun » Tue May 12, 2009 12:04 pm

Don't be rude about Dan's pad, or you won't be invited round for the next swingers' night.

Susana

Post by Susana » Tue May 12, 2009 12:06 pm

Babess, I would say again that those armchairs are sort of 'enooormous' for that front room. Most appropriate as places to seat and read though. Dead inviting... but dead inviting for a good snooze too, since they hug you like a mother's lap. 8)

dan

Post by dan » Tue May 12, 2009 9:55 pm

mmmm swingers party mmmm mothers lap mmmmm