Older to do discussion

milk

Older to do discussion

Post by milk » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:35 am

right, so neil, mike and i got a lot done on the site last night. upgrading the code and modules, theme issues, etc

the main Going Live blocker bug is still the event image display.

possibilities are either;

imagecache is trying to write the new image using htaccess rewrite rules (to .../files/index.php) which is failing due to server permissions setup.

or

cck imagefield's just don't work with the event module (solution would be to build an events system using cck fields, but this would take some fair effort and i'm sure i've seen how to's on using cck with the events module....).
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

neil

Re: ● Web to do list

Post by neil » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:46 pm

Wrt the image resizing, have you tried the relevant support forums?

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:23 pm

Yes. Milk posted a thread a while back (which I then found whilst trying to Google the problem).
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

milk

Post by milk » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:18 pm

i've done extensive google searches, posted on groups.drupal.org and asked questions on #drupal-support on freenode.

though obviously i've missed something, so i'll try these again.

mike; you mentioned you might have figured out an image rezise solution on your home box - any luck this is the case?
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:51 am

Yeah, it works for me, but I realised that's because I'm using CCK and not the events module.
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

milk

Post by milk » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:26 pm

so i've been enabling this using CCK.

i've recreated the event content type, got that sorted, and the imagecache preset for rescaling an attached image is setup, but i can't see "Image: event_flyerposter" in the fields setup when creating a view (that would be inserted in the panel on the front page).

i've to go see a friend now but will poke further later unless mike, if you see this before, you'd like to have a poke to copy the view config from your install?

milk

Post by milk » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:28 pm

and the fucked up shit with uploading the file ("HTTP error 0" dialogue box, etc) relates to this. strange it's happening with a fairly common setup and that there's not an easy answer out there, but at least it seems fixable (though probably not by me, is a level above my php knowledge).

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:21 pm

I'll try and do the AHAH thing during the web meet. That way, we can work through it together and I can show people what's being changed etc.

As for the other thing, I'm quite busy atm with sanding/varnishing/building a kitchen and so might not have a chance to look at this before the meet.
Mike

milk

Post by milk » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:57 am

FUCK YES!!

fixed the resizing not happening. trawled through several imagecache support threads and found a mention of trying to set the file transfer mode to private rather than public.

now to fix the imagecache preset not appearing in the views config..

christ, a reversal of the problem when using the event module...... >_<;;;;;;

milk

Post by milk » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:48 am

fixed that too. i'll take resized event images on the front page for the win!

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:22 am

Fucking yeah! Go Milk!
Mike

milk

Post by milk » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:28 pm

upgraded drupal to 6.13 plus several modules to their latest releases last night. going to work on getting the shop looking nicer next.

milk

Post by milk » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:31 pm

permissions for various things sorted. permission roles need to be cleared up at some point.

hacked modules/imce/inc/page.inc with this to fix the admin menu hiding option buttons. first nasty hack! how to make this less ugly...

milk

Post by milk » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:40 pm

thinking out loud here.

the event_flyerposter view, wot powers the event images on the front page (also visible on a page of it's own here) is displaying the images from;

http://theforest.org.uk/drupal-6.9/event/gaelic-lessons
&
http://theforest.org.uk/drupal-6.9/event/french-lessons

but not from;

http://theforest.org.uk/drupal-6.9/event/beau-nasties

the cck imagefield is the same, and imagecache (wot does the image resizing for what is displayed from what is uploaded) is definitely working for this image as it powers the image on the last link there (set via the Event content type's Display Images settings).

the top two are repeating events and the latter is a one off. i've tried changing it to repeat but no change. have tried flushing the views cache and imagecache cache to no avail.

tried changing the date of the event to the evening of today, which would put it ahead of the next gaelic event, so the view should see and display it first. no joy.

this is really fucking annoying.

n.b. standard dimensions for event images would be nice (i.e. landscape for workshops over portrait for one off things), but that's an HR not an IT issue.