Need Forest Tech list

Action room, screen printing, darkroom, Bristo Hall, Cave, AV equipment
Gandhi

Need Forest Tech list

Post by Gandhi » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:05 pm

Sound team Asseeeeemblllle. Right, on the 22nd of August I am putting on another Unique Beats event which will last from 1pm until 3am...14 hours of electro madness with a mix of experimental sounds, hip-hop, drum'n'bass and everything in between. We will be giving out free CD's of Unique Beats artists as well as free demo's etc from the lovely companies such as Ableton , Reason, Pro Logic etc etc.
Does anyone have a list of the equipment that the Forest has for the main cafe area stage.? Need to know what cables, how many mixers, how many DI boxes, do we have monitor speakers?. Yeah I know I'm being a pain in the bum but we have a lot of acts and an eclectic amount of instruments all needing inputs etc. Also what lighting is available? Do we have a projector available to use and how long are the leads for this etc. Been trying to phone Nix about all of this but his phone is not on. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I really struggle to find any time to come in to the Forest at the moment.
Here's the line-up:
!KUNG (World Exclusive!!! Full of surprises, new identity of the recluse electro genius...all will be revealed)
Alex Tronic (rare live appearance from Alex tronic Records head honcho)
Engine7 (Chilled and upbeat tunage from weegie land....back by immense demand!)
1SP (French hip-hop dans la maison y'all)
no !i input - Live A/V set (will blow your face off!)
Chief of Belize (dirty sounds and big beats)
Brainstormer(drum'n'bass jumpy jumpy music)
Freemoore (experimental electro)
Asthmatic Astronaut (big big beats from former Underling maestro with possible special guest Lifeshows)
B Burg (smooth hip-hop/jazz dancefloor noodlings from former LiveSciences guitarist)
The Amazing Rolo (music with a Wii remote..ace!!!)
Pandacetamol (ethereal organic atmospheres)
4ward Play (smooth and mellow)
7VWVVW (multi keyboard analogue mayhem-possible special guest "Kyon")
Gerry Mawhinney (in your face, you.will.dance!)
Kenny Breaks (Leith FM RSI)
Darrell Harding (Leith FM Vinyl Club)

So there it is, it's gonna be hectic but amazing, and this is one of the reasons we need to know well in advance about the tech side of things so we can have everything in place prior to the event, and know what we need to hire, borrow, buy.
Thanks
It's like God's vagina!

ChaoticReality

Re: Need Forest Tech list

Post by ChaoticReality » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:27 am

Hi.

Cables are unknown. They are currently being tested by Eric and Elodie and then they have to be split up for Cave/Hire PA/Cafe. We are looking into getting a drum of cable and some connectors and making our own so we should have more by the festival.

We have 2 DI boxes and 1 monitor (although we have the capacity for another one with a separate mix and they can be daisychained). We have a projector but it's mounted to the ceiling yet (it will be soon) and the cable is wired in along the wall to the sound desk area in the back corner.

We have 2 lights, both pointed at the stage and with limited movement because of the mechanics of attaching them safely to the central pole. Elodie was talking to me yesterday about getting a third light as well and changing some of the colours around.

Cheers,
Mike
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:30 am

cheers Mike, much appreciated. Looks like i'll need to get more DI boxes and another mixer. We may bring in additional lighting for the event but will run that past people once i know what the deal is.
It's like God's vagina!

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:24 pm

There are two working DJ mixers in the Forest. One is set up by the sound desk and has two decks connected to it. I don't know the present whereabouts of the other one, but I used it a few months ago for my mental DJ setup (2 computers, 2 decks, a double CD deck, tape deck, two jacks for connecting MP3 players). It didn't have a power supply, so I built one and I assume it is still with the mixer.
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

élodie

Post by élodie » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:54 am

Hi !

Curently, we are going to clean the stage, control the cables, and a lot of things !! I will realize that you need. Give me one week, maybe 2, and I can send you the Forest (Café) technical requirment !

Met you soon !

elodie

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:32 am

Thanks Elodie
It's like God's vagina!

élodie

Post by élodie » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:42 pm

Hi guys !

About the technical list, we decided to make it this monday afternoon, with Nix, Shane and me. Let me one day or two after to put this on a computer and I think it will be ready for wednesday !

Cheers

Elodie

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:31 am

nice one
It's like God's vagina!

élodie

Post by élodie » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:41 pm

Hi Gandhi !

We didn't find time to make the technical list... I am almost everyday at the Forest, especialy in the Hall and Balcony. If you want we can meet us there to speak about the technical requirment !

Cheers

Elodie

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:11 pm

I will try and come in but I am ridiculously busy at the moment and not really able to come over.

Well basically we will have 4 DI boxes (2 of the forests), 1 mixing desk on stage, about 10 plug sockets.
We will have small UV lights at the back of the stage behind some very cool material which will be going from the back of the stage to over the performers heads. Also a small lighting rig on fron of stage. Then using main forest projector and we will also set up our own, with cables running to the back of the room (to the sound desk) there will also be some lights on the colums in a spiral pattern but out of reach of people so they wont damage them or hurt themselves. We pretty much have all this stuff. We need your smoke machine please? Also we need a second monitor speaker on stage as one is not enough. Is this possible?

We do not need the drumkit on stage so we will move it to the caves if thats ok? Also is the Piano still on stage or has it been moved yet?

I have chatted with Nix about any power worries but the lighting will be amazing and won't actually take up that much energy...we have been carefull about choosing the lighting to reduce the risk of things blowing up,haha.

Thanks
It's like God's vagina!

nix

Post by nix » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:55 pm

we now have a new mixer for the Hall, so there is a 11 chanel Mackie Mixer for the Cafe Stage.
thanks.

élodie

Post by élodie » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:04 pm

Hi Gandhi !

I think for the 22nd of August, it will be good.

So,

. we have got 2 DI at the Forest, but one of them will be used in the Hall for the night... Could you bring an other one ?
. ok for the smoke machine, and I think we have got the product to put inside it.
. Do you need 10 plugs sockets or will you bring it.
. we have to check for the second monitor because one is for the Cafe and the other one for the Hall.
. ok for the drum kit. We will not move it in the cave (the cave is used by Fringe People) but in the Crafty Room... but we can not put the stuff everywhere because the crafty room is used for relaxing... So, the drum kit will be move in the small room between the Crafty and the toilet. I will be there.

Cheers

Elodie

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:13 pm

Does the Smoke machiune have a timer? and do you now know whether you have liquid for it.
It's like God's vagina!