Sound Team Tasks

Action room, screen printing, darkroom, Bristo Hall, Cave, AV equipment
nix

Sound Team Tasks

Post by nix » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:42 pm

This is a list of tasks from the top of my head that I think need doing.

am I right? how will we do them? who will do them?

1 - Lable and tidy the Equipment in to 3 destinct colour-coded kits (Cafe, Hall, Cave). I have found the FOREST stencils and pinned them to the wall just inside the Action Room on the right.

2 - Get the Mackie 450s repaired. Shane has been talking about ordering the componant and fitting it ourselves. we where taking them to Red Dog Music and paying 60 pounds a time to get them fixed...

3 - get all the drumkits lables and sorted.

4 - Get the new projector from Ryan and get it fited to the celing like the last one.

5 - clean the sound area, and fix the lock on the desk and fit a lock to the cupbourd and keep all valuables locked up.

this is all I can think of right now..

anyone?

ChaoticReality

Re: Sound Team Tasks

Post by ChaoticReality » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:48 pm

Were we ever going to look at sorting out an on-stage switch for the amps?
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

Emma

Post by Emma » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:31 pm

The new projector has arrived. Who is fitting this?

Its in the office cupboard. Can someone please test that it works too?

Thanks.

milk

Post by milk » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:01 pm

cool. might anyone know where the cradle used for the last projector was when it came down from the ceiling?
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

élodie

Post by élodie » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:38 pm

Hello Technical team !

You know that the Forest was closed for 8 days last week. During this period I decided to make look better the stage and all the instruments that we use for the show in the Cafe stage.

So, I cleaned the stage, standed, painted, varnised... Clean the durm kit for 4 hours, the piano for 2 hours...(SO... NO CANDLE ON THE PIANO WITHOUT PROECTION UNDER IT !) and the speakers, sub, bass amp, guitar amp... I worked hard, luckly, Charlotte (ex-evs) and Mike help me with this. Thank you so much it was a good team work !

In the same time, i start to mark all the sound equipment which has to stay on the café with red tape.

BUT... there is some work to finish the scenic space in the café... And for various tasks I need some help ! Your help Guys !

And I have to do these tasks this week because, I wanna to start my work in the hall next week to prepare the Fringe Festival !

My list of tasks (I can do alone)
- paint the wood stage box, the wood corner which is behind the sub
- find the Forest logotype in high quality ! and print it on A1 or A0 and put it on the kick-skin.
- call James Brown to tune the piano (maybe, it will be interesting to do this in the same time for the pianos which are in the hall and the cave ?!)
and some other tasks...

Now, I need some help to finish the new sound area :
- I wanna build 4 shelts in the corner to put all the cables, the mics...
- I wanna to create a box to put the mic stand in the sound area ! Why ?! Like this the stage stays clean all the time ! What do you think ? I kept some wood which wasn't used when we build the kitchen. We have all the tools that we need in the workshop... But, I can't do it alone. I think in one afternoon it will be finish !
So, I propose you Thurday 16th of july ! Tell me !

See you soon !!!

elodie

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:56 pm

well done elodie!

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:04 pm

Thursday is good with me.

I might try and build the mic enclosure beforehand if I get some time.
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:19 pm

call James Brown to tune the piano
The sex machine? RIP :cry:
It's like God's vagina!

élodie

Post by élodie » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:05 pm

Yeah ! Thank you so mutch for your help ! See you at the Forest this thursday at the begining of the afternoon !!!

elodie