projector for the café roof

milk

projector for the café roof

Post by milk » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:33 am

so we have a new projector to attach to the café ceiling.

does anyone know where the cradle from the older projector went? it's not in the action room or admin office w/ the old projector. i didn't have time to trawl through the workshop though but i'm not back in edinburgh until thursday. nix says he has looked everywhere though.. there is a cadle in the action room, but none of our projectors fit in it.

does anyone know who took it down? iirc i was away at the time so am unsure.

elodie and I tested the old projector. it seemed to work fine, though it was only on for just over a couple of hours as i had to go. it could still have the intermittant overheating issue and thus on the way out and not worth bothering with, but more through testing will have to be done. the main cause of overheading is a clogged air filter though nix cleaned the insides and i'm sure he'd have done the filter at the same time. i've heard it might have been the positioning in the cradle and potential lack of ventilation flow, but it was working for so long anyway.. not that we can check this without the old cradle.. (i also heard that one of the mirrors inside had cracked but this doesn't seem to be the case..)

so, bottom line, we need a new cradle. this'll either have to be built or purchased. does anyone know how it previously attached to the ceiling? was it bespoke hackery?
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

swithun

Re: projector for the café roof

Post by swithun » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:33 am

I've got a thingy which joins a projector to the ceiling. You need to find a beam to screw this thing to, and then screw another thing to the projector. Then you join these up. Wantee?

milk

Post by milk » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:59 pm

sounds like a plan, thanks.

when you say screw to, how does that work (at either end)?
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

nix

Post by nix » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:15 pm

YES PLEASE SWITH!
when can you bring it in?

so, last time the projector was attached to a bit of wood that was screwed to a hinged bracket.
the rest of this bracket is still on the ceiling.

I took it down and passed it on to Mattias who was due to fix it and agreed to put it back on the ceiling. the bracket was in a blue box in the AdminOffice for ages.. and is now nowhere to be found.

when\if Swith brings a bracket (or we buy one), it can be mounted in the same way.
I can make this happen on Wednesday night at 6 if no one else comes forward.

thanks.

swithun

Post by swithun » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:48 pm

Could someone come to my pad and pick it up please? I'm out of town tonight and Pomme no longer goes past the Forest on her way to work, but I'll ask Pomme to get it all bagged up.

I don't know for certain that it will fit the projector - they are all different. But it is designed to fit quite a few different ones. So hopefully we will be in luck. The main requirement is that there are some screw holes in the underside of the projector.

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:57 pm

Whereabouts do you live, Swith? I'm just heading to the Forest and I'll have my bike with me.
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

swithun

Post by swithun » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:01 pm

No one is in just now. Pomme will hopefully be back by 9 tonight. Can you hang tough until then, Mike? I'll PM you my address. Thanks.

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:11 pm

Yeah, no problem Swith. I'll be in town a while anyway.
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

swithun

Post by swithun » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:10 am

I saw that my attachment thingy was usable. It looks pretty good up there. Better than it did hanging off my ceiling.

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:27 am

I replaced the cable yesterday as the old one had a problem near one of the ends. It would shift everything yellow most of the time, only a lot of wiggling fixed it (and even then only temporarily) and so I put a new cable up yesterday.
Mike

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:50 am

How many projectors does the Forest have? I was told you had 3 the other day, if you do can I use them all for my event on the 22nd? If not, no bother we will use the one you have then borrow another one.
cheers
It's like God's vagina!

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:54 am

There is one fixed to the ceiling and one spare. There may be another one in the hall, but I don't think it belongs to us.
Mike

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:29 am

Cheers Mike
It's like God's vagina!