Front Page Forest only

dan

Front Page Forest only

Post by dan » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:32 pm

Hey,

why is the first thing you see on the Front Page of the Forest website an ad for someone's show in another venue?! WTF? This is crazy and we really can't afford to give that space to another venue. in august. it is crazy. even if they're friends I think we should reserve the front page of the website only to Forest hosted events.
Yes?
D xx
Our big brother's got no heart,
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose

ravanwin

Re: Front Page Forest only

Post by ravanwin » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:38 pm

aye...

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:46 am

could some one eveyrday in the morning post what events are happening that day , so the news is today in the forest, people log on to the website there you go what's happening today, nice easy, i sent a message to milk to see if he can sort it.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:15 pm

the events on the front page is also two weeks out of date, this really needs sorted,

neil

Post by neil » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:07 pm

Milk has worked his ass off to make the front page better looking & easier to update. If anyone wants to take on the task of updating it daily, I'm sure Milk will be happy to demonstrate how it's done. All that's needed is access to the internet & basic computer skills.

milk

Post by milk » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:58 pm

if anyone wants to post something new about anything forest related, please register an account and tell me then i'll give the account posting rights.

while i'm very happy to work on building the website, i don't have enough time to keep up with writing/posting new news and events. part of the remit for the new site was to reduce the update bottleneck by making it much easier for non-techy volunteers to get things posted.

as neil says, if anyone wants a real life demo on posting things, i'd be happy to meet with people for that.

the events system on the right of the page only shows events up until the last hour of the event's finishing time. posting the general programme in the news section is something that needs to be done at the same time the programme is posted on facebook.

tip; if something gets sent out to the facebook group, odds are it would be good to post to the site also - same with creating an event.

the decision for the shop to sell non-forest tickets (and get booking fees for it) was make through the Action WG.
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku