tk23

simone

tk23

Post by simone » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:55 pm

i have not heard from gregor rosanski , booked 28 sept-25oct, since he first confirmed that he could do the show. i have e mailed him to say that i am concerned that i have not heard from him and is he still planning to show with us. i said i wanted a reply at the start of this week.
so
any ideas? he is based in poland/germany which is why i'm more concerned than usual.
maybe we could choose someone from the group show we were planning early next year. caroline may be able to move her show forward but not by three weeks, maybe one week.
I saw two shooting stars last night, i wished on them, but they were only satellites.
is it wrong to wish on space hardware?
(Billy Bragg)

martinmckenna

Re: tk23

Post by martinmckenna » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:27 pm

the reason this keeps happening is that we are getting a lot of submissions from aboard . i guess via art review . we need to be more aware of this when selecting shows to put on . it a shame as some are really good .

ive had a look thru our current ones and they are a few which are from afar . if people feel really strongly that they should happen then maybe they should look into ways of funding them .

or at least let them know that we would like to show them (without booking them in ), but they would have to get funding for somewhere . it maybe soon we will have some money to play with which would go someway to helping the situation .

also i feel that someone coming from afar , without any promo support maybe less than super . so we also need to look at that .

certainly reviewing the submission guideline would be a start , and the info regarding what we can provide .

if this show dose not happen they are a few shows i think could go in there .

martin
Heaven is a disaster

Lambchop , The Saturday option .

stephengoodall

Post by stephengoodall » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:43 am

time is of the essence

I know that statement is not particularly helpful, sorry, i'm not sure what available options we have.
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:20 pm

this is now sorted , the show before will extend . this is a show supporting a chapbook launch , shoudl be good .

but we still have to bear in mind what ive said before in the choosing of the shows

martin
Heaven is a disaster

Lambchop , The Saturday option .

simone

Post by simone » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:13 pm

i have sent gregor an e mail to cancel his show but we'd be happy to have him another time as we liked his work.....
I saw two shooting stars last night, i wished on them, but they were only satellites.
is it wrong to wish on space hardware?
(Billy Bragg)

stephengoodall

Post by stephengoodall » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:07 pm

nice one
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.