TimeOut
The Skinny
Qype
Dopplr
yelp
HappyCow
EdinburghMenus.com

Last.fm
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

milk

Re: Reviews of The Forest on other websites

Post by milk » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:16 am

a review from from qype;
Not for the city slicker!

The Forrest is Edinburgh’s hippie hang out and low-brow artspace and lives its pseudo-bohemian life to the full, staff are unpaid volunteers, which attracts alot of critisism.

The food is Vegetarian though uses so much cheese that it makes for a very smelly establishment. Toilets are unisex, and, well the less said the better (I have witnessed people peeing on the floor in the corridor outside they are so bad).

The Forrest hall upstairs is a large space and hosts some interesting and some downright strange events, however toilets are shared with cafe downstairs, so I recommend you treat with caution!

A place made really for hippies only, though worth a bash if your passing through. Rumoured to be closing soon.
guess how many stars she gave us.
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:15 am

read that one before.

shall we say barred?

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:49 am

Toilets are unisex, and, well the less said the better (I have witnessed people peeing on the floor in the corridor outside they are so bad).
I'm sorry...I was drunk!

haha, this is a great review and I strongly suggest that we print it off in huge writing and stick it up as a poster.
It's like God's vagina!

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:10 pm

free meal to the person who can prove they wrote it!

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:44 am

This will be very difficult to prove but...
I hate the Forest and work prefusely to bring about it's demise.
Can I have a free burrito now?
It's like God's vagina!

Jane

Post by Jane » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:31 pm

reviewer commenter on the list website says about the bowery

Interesting place if not a bit pretencious. A bit like the Forrest but more arty and upper class. Do all men have to have beards and skinny wooly jumpers here?
ha ha ha.
"We all tend to idealise kindness and tolerance, then wonder why we find ourselves infested with losers and nutcases." Sebastian Horsley

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:20 pm

some good ones here:

http://www.happycow.net/reviews.php?id=12138

I like:

"Review: I went here when I visited Edinburgh in January 2008. People sort of stared when my friend and I walked in. It seemed to be a community kind of place where everyone knows everyone else - almost like we were walking into someone's house where about 30-40 people were relaxing, chatting and working on their laptops. I didn't see anyone eating. It was very dimly lit in the cafe. I didn't see where we could get to any "music space" or "art gallery".

I didn't get to try the food because I stood at the counter for 10 minutes while the cashier ignored me and helped other people who were clearly behind me in line. I started talking to cashier at one point when it was my turn and he turned away from me to help the next person in line. The other customers noticed this happening and gave me sincere looks of confusion and apology but I got none of that from the staff. I have no idea what was going on there. I couldn't try their cider either because their license only allows them to serve alcohol until 8 p.m. My friend (who also tried to get service with similar results) and I sat down to figure out what we wanted to do instead when one of the friendlier-seeming staff members announced they were going to show a Bollywood movie... We obviously decided to stay and nobody bothered us so we at least got to see a free (and amazing) movie.

It is a little out of the way of the city center. I would probably try The Forest again just to see if my experience was a fluke but I would not go with high expectations."

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:39 am

It is a little out of the way of the city center

? really ? As far as i am concerned Old town is the toon centre and the Forest be slap bang in the middle of the centre...possibly the epicentre!
It's like God's vagina!

milk

Post by milk » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:29 pm

not really a review but

http://www.aboutus.org/TheForest.org.uk

aboutus.org is a wiki of website domain information, can be handy at times when you're looking for info on an organisation. most stuff for this is on the website already, but it's always nice to spread the love.