Forest BB

The digital grapevine of The Forest.
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:07 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:37 pm
Posts: 29
Hello guys !

The next Artists Facilities Meeting will be next Wednesday 7th of october at 7 pm. My description will be quick... sorry

The points that we have to exchange :

Forest's sound material set up : from saturday 17th to 18th october in the Hall

The Cave : Rehearsal/Practice room or/and Recording studio

The Darkroom : some jobs to do before the re-opening (walls...)

The Printroom : same that below (more or less)

The Café : Damaged stage. Café and Events working group is concerned too.

The Hall : permanent black curtain ? Open or close.

The Balcony : what's new ?

I think it's really quick but efficient ;)

Hope to see lot of you there.

Elodie


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:49 am
Posts: 1231
I'll be there!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:00 pm
Posts: 878
Just to mention that we spoke tp Johny about his equipment and envolvement, i hope he will be there, I will not,
Also would be good to mention that we are waiting to here if we will get a grant for the silk screen room, will know some time this month, if people want to help then have them contact me on the bb.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:58 pm
Posts: 103
Hi to everyone

I'll be not at the meeting tonigth...
but could you speak about the piano?
Elodie told me that the piano that is in front of the shop won't be on the stage.
what about the idea to have an electric one?

and Nix...what about the Forest Art Festival? there's something new? I didn't check propely the BB ...maybe I didn't see some posts about it

Very sorry to don't come


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 1798
Location: Edinburgh, UK
the Forest Art Festival (i.e., arranging murals for forest walls) is now being dealt with by Front of House WG which is more appropriate given the definition of front of house.

_________________
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:49 am
Posts: 1231
HERE ARE THE MINUTES:

Present: Elodie, Ken, Gandolf, Alex L, Ryan, Nix, Sam & Mike.

Apologies: Stephen & Ila.


Agenda:

1) Forest Publishing Update
2) Workshop and Darkroom Update
3) Balcony Studios Update
4) Screen Print Update
5) Black Curtain
6) curtain for sound dampening on stage.
7) Tech Team Action Day
8) The Cave
9) Change meeting date

1) "Golden Hour Book II" is going well. Almost entirely covered costs through grants. Please tell your friends to buy them. They are good. Still some problems with PayPal.
Hey! look at TWEE. We are still open for submissions.
There are 4 interns coming on Friday.
Forest publishing would like to thank AFWG and everyone .. blah, blah, blah.

2) The tools workshop flooding problem seems solved for now. PROPOSAL: to leave a "flood foot" from the floor of any future storage/shelving if possible to reduce the chance of damage it the problem reoccurs. same for darkroom. (agreed)
PROPOSAL: to try and have the tools workshop sorted and tidied for the Tech Action Day.(agreed)
AP: Nix - advertise and find new bottom liner for Tools Workshop.

Darkroom needs a bottomliner. We spoke to Daniel Abrams(?) who was the last one, on speakerphone. He apologises for not being in touch, but he no longer wants to do it.
AP: Nix - advertise and find new bottom liner for Darkroom
There is some plasterboarding to be done in Darkroom.
AP: Ken - get the plaster board and fixings.
Michal has agreed to do it.
Ventilation. we need to think about it. can someone come up with drawings? a plan?

3) Balconies/studios, there is one studio available. Piotr has been asked to leave due to non payment of rent. Nix has spoken to him. he is arranging to have his stuff clear by Monday next week. Stephen & Elena are on the waiting list. Carmen is going to be away for 4 months. She wants to find a sub-tenant. PROPOSAL: she be allowed to keep the space if she pays the rent upfront, and the sub-tenant must be someone deemed sound by the Studios Bottomliner (Nix). The sub-tenant will be responsible for the volunteer commitments associated with studio hire.
AP: Nix - to clear his space and provide adequate access immediately!

4) Screen Print. waiting to hear about a grant, in the next month.

5) Black Curtain for hall. Elodie has all the dimensions. We should apply for a grant and get a proper one made. by a pro company. it needs to be robust.
AP:Alex L - to look into the cost of materials. could he look into getting a quote for one?

6) curtain for sound dampening on stage. PROPOSAL: to hang a retractable soft curtain on the stage. (agreed)

7) Tech Team Work Day: Saturday 17th Sunday 18th. Oct.
there is a thread about this here
List of tasks
:
Test all equipment
make Equipment lists for each Dept. i.e.: stage = 3 mics, 6 xlr cables, 3 stands, ect...cable ties from nylon cord.
throw out broken stuff
take stuff that need repair, to get repaired.
reinstate long phono from DVD to PA.
fix stage AP:Ken to do this

8) The Cave. AP: Nix - advertise and find new bottom liner for Cave.
would be good to work with new Bottomlineron Tech Work Day, have them involved from start.

9) change the date of this meeting. AP: Nix - to post on bb and try and get it moved to the SECOND TUESDAY.

P.S.
sorry it took so long to get the minuets up. bad boy, Nix.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:49 am
Posts: 1231
OOPS! :oops:

we didn't talk about Pianos.

I propose, we get an electric one for the stage, this new one we have been offerd could go in the cave. and the one in the cave now could be freecycled.

Elodie has the number for James Brown the Piano Tuna. yes? We should get him in and pay him to tune the pianos.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 1798
Location: Edinburgh, UK
i've removed daniel_abrahams from the darkroom forwarder.

still getting darkroom@ is nix and d.a.milligan. is the latter still involved?

_________________
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:35 pm
Posts: 1084
d.a.milligan has left the country.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 1798
Location: Edinburgh, UK
ah, yes, duh, that's danny. i've removed the forwarder to him.

_________________
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:37 pm
Posts: 29
Yep !

I have got James Brown number. I will call him the week after the setting up in the sound stuff.

Concerning the Cave. This is part of my EVS project, but I really want to work with the new bottom liner. It could be cool !

Since then, see you next week end !

Elodie


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 60
Elodie told me that you also spoke of the workshop I would like to arange the 1st november. It is about introducing KM, NM, admins and EVS to the mixer and the projector.
Alex (sound engineer) said he might help out with the mixer part and there were some who was against this. I just want to explain that It is not a "Sound engineer-workshop" but a brief intro to "don't panic - if the soundengineer is out for a smoke and the sound feeds back / or this is a jack cable - if the artist asks for it".

Anybody disagrees?

-Julie


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:00 pm
Posts: 878
Just to update on the silk screen grant application

No

but it has been short listed for next months appraisal, apparently.

Here's hoping.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 1798
Location: Edinburgh, UK
woot, fingers crossed!

_________________
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:49 am
Posts: 1231
Julie wrote:
Elodie told me that you also spoke of the workshop I would like to arange the 1st november. It is about introducing KM, NM, admins and EVS to the mixer and the projector.
Alex (sound engineer) said he might help out with the mixer part and there were some who was against this. I just want to explain that It is not a "Sound engineer-workshop" but a brief intro to "don't panic - if the soundengineer is out for a smoke and the sound feeds back / or this is a jack cable - if the artist asks for it".

Anybody disagrees?

-Julie

This was discussed, sorry I missed it from the minutes.

It was not that anyone opposed it., I personally think it is essential tha everyone has some basic training.

it was just that is was thought best to try and do it in some kind of structured way so that it would be of most benefit to most people.

So, at the Tech Team Weekend, after we label, and categorize everything to make it all simple and easy,

we will make a "Basic Forest Cafe Sound and Light Guide"

and hen it will be easy to show people how to set things up and deal with panic situations.\

I was also thought that 1st Nov, (I think this was the proposed date) was not a good day as it is straight after Samhain.

maybe the following week?

thanks.

N.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group