HERE ARE THE MINUTES:
Present: Elodie, Ken, Gandolf, Alex L, Ryan, Nix, Sam & Mike.
Apologies: Stephen & Ila.
1) Forest Publishing Update
2) Workshop and Darkroom Update
3) Balcony Studios Update
4) Screen Print Update
5) Black Curtain
6) curtain for sound dampening on stage.
7) Tech Team Action Day
9) Change meeting date
1) "Golden Hour Book II" is going well. Almost entirely covered costs through grants. Please tell your friends to buy them. They are good. Still some problems with PayPal.
Hey! look at TWEE
. We are still open for submissions.
There are 4 interns coming on Friday.
Forest publishing would like to thank AFWG and everyone .. blah, blah, blah.
2) The tools workshop flooding problem seems solved for now. PROPOSAL: to leave a "flood foot" from the floor of any future storage/shelving if possible to reduce the chance of damage it the problem reoccurs. same for darkroom. (agreed)
PROPOSAL: to try and have the tools workshop sorted and tidied for the Tech Action Day.(agreed)AP:
Nix - advertise and find new bottom liner for Tools Workshop.
Darkroom needs a bottomliner. We spoke to Daniel Abrams(?) who was the last one, on speakerphone. He apologises for not being in touch, but he no longer wants to do it.AP:
Nix - advertise and find new bottom liner for Darkroom
There is some plasterboarding to be done in Darkroom.AP:
Ken - get the plaster board and fixings.
Michal has agreed to do it.
Ventilation. we need to think about it. can someone come up with drawings? a plan?
3) Balconies/studios, there is one studio available. Piotr has been asked to leave due to non payment of rent. Nix has spoken to him. he is arranging to have his stuff clear by Monday next week. Stephen & Elena are on the waiting list. Carmen is going to be away for 4 months. She wants to find a sub-tenant. PROPOSAL: she be allowed to keep the space if she pays the rent upfront, and the sub-tenant must be someone deemed sound by the Studios Bottomliner (Nix). The sub-tenant will be responsible for the volunteer commitments associated with studio hire.AP:
Nix - to clear his space and provide adequate access immediately!
4) Screen Print. waiting to hear about a grant, in the next month.
5) Black Curtain for hall. Elodie has all the dimensions. We should apply for a grant and get a proper one made. by a pro company. it needs to be robust. AP:
Alex L - to look into the cost of materials. could he look into getting a quote for one?
6) curtain for sound dampening on stage. PROPOSAL: to hang a retractable soft curtain on the stage. (agreed)
7) Tech Team Work Day: Saturday 17th Sunday 18th. Oct.
there is a thread about this here
List of tasks
Test all equipment
make Equipment lists for each Dept. i.e.: stage = 3 mics, 6 xlr cables, 3 stands, ect...cable ties from nylon cord.
throw out broken stuff
take stuff that need repair, to get repaired.
reinstate long phono from DVD to PA.
fix stage AP:
Ken to do this
The Cave. AP:
Nix - advertise and find new bottom liner for Cave.
would be good to work with new Bottomlineron Tech Work Day, have them involved from start.
9) change the date of this meeting. AP:
Nix - to post on bb and try and get it moved to the SECOND TUESDAY.
sorry it took so long to get the minuets up. bad boy, Nix.