Illustrator volunteer for consensus gesture images?

milk

Illustrator volunteer for consensus gesture images?

Post by milk » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:59 am

does anyone know of an illustrator who might be interested in drawing The Forest some vector images (or images that could be converted to a vector format) representing various hand signals that can be used in consensus decision making process?

i've tried finding a good set online, but to no avail. i've also tried looking for an open repository of sign language images that could be edited and repurposed to suit, but no luck there.

ideally i'd hope for they would allow the images to be licensed under Creative Commons so they could be added to Wikipedia and used by others the world over.

thanks for any possibilities.
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

Shannon

Re: Illustrator volunteer for consensus gesture images?

Post by Shannon » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:25 am

http://seedsforchange.org.uk/free/shortfacilitation

One finger, two fingers and silent applause. Scroll down.

milk

Post by milk » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:27 pm

thanks, but as per FB reply; i'm looking to get together a set larger than those three i'm afraid, that and they're 'raster' format images than vector and thus can't be scaled up without looking bad - http://3.ly/wE3
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:45 pm

i dont have the time to do this , but...........

a way for someone to do it is to take photos of the gestures , print out the ones that are suitable . trace them with a pen to simplified them . scan them in again .then using inkscape you could then use the tracebit map function to produce a vector graphic .

an alternative to printing them out , is to just trace then by hand using a brush in gimp on another layer , export that layer as a jpeg and import into inkscape .

or on the more bizzare side , have a life drawing class of the gestures .

martin
Heaven is a disaster

Lambchop , The Saturday option .

milk

Post by milk » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:19 pm

cool, thanks very much for the process ideas. i feel that this project would be a major benefit to many groups and organisations, and i'd like to take time over getting a 'final product' completed and released and done so in as professional a looking result as possible so will be taking time to see if i can get help on the matter from the wider world, but an initial solution for at least The Forest is a goal as well so will probably go down the route you suggest for the short term to see what i could rustle up.