Visual Arts meeting 29/10/009 agenda

simone

Visual Arts meeting 29/10/009 agenda

Post by simone » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:04 pm

so this meeting is to discuss submissions for the winter/ spring programme and not much else!

the november meeting will be to discuss the festival programme for 2010

a point to raise here though is that because of the problems with theft from the last show it would be good to get roller blinds for the doors so that the gallery can be closed on busy nights. this has been discussed so many times but i think that with the longer shows that we are now having it would be respectful to the artists to help them look after their shows. the staff in cafe don't have time to check the gallery every 5 minutes on busy nights and check there are no hoodlums in there! the reality is that we don;t have time to always be there and neither do the artists, nor do we have time to re-paint after every show and the walls and window seat get badly damaged and this would hopefully help cut down on wear and tear of the paint work as well.i am happy to look for some blinds and i am sure we can get some money for this if no-one objects.
I saw two shooting stars last night, i wished on them, but they were only satellites.
is it wrong to wish on space hardware?
(Billy Bragg)

stephengoodall

Re: Visual Arts meeting 29/10/009 agenda

Post by stephengoodall » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:27 am

I didn't realise that stuff had been stolen, that sucks.

Just so i'm clear- what kind of blinds are we thinking? take it they would be fitted in both gallery doors and would have some kind of locking mechanism to prevent entry into the gallery?
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.

simone

Re: Visual Arts meeting 29/10/009 agenda

Post by simone » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:27 pm

probably just roller blinds, maybe they could be attached at the sides
i thought metal ones would be a good idea but some think this may seem too hard core, and they would be more expensive. when we use tape across the doors to keep people out it seems to work fine so i think that just material roller blinds would do the trick.
I saw two shooting stars last night, i wished on them, but they were only satellites.
is it wrong to wish on space hardware?
(Billy Bragg)