the murals of Janet Braun-Reinitz

Front of House, garden etc.
Kata

the murals of Janet Braun-Reinitz

Post by Kata » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:09 pm

I took pictures for Janet of the staircase coming from the big red backdoor to the office, because I thought that this would be the best place for her mural, and I asked her to send us some rough ideas or a proposal what she'd like to do on the walls. This is what she replied:

"It is so helpful to have photos of the site and I certainly understand the need for complete collaboration on such a large project - it is both the nature of what I do and much preferred. My question is whether you want something upbeat and
celebratory or a mural that includes some critique...and what are the issues you are most interested in highlighting? Also, whether you want high color or something more muted ...arresting or easy to live with.
How would the painting process work? I design and you put up the cartoon and paint? Of course, I would love to be
there, but at the moment I have to go back to at least a few mural jobs that pay before I can do another volunteer project, especially one that requires a hefty air fare... but perhaps circumstances will change."

so question 1: What kind of mural would we prefer?
I think it would be good to have something upbeat but not too celebratory and something critical as well, because that would suit the Forest. The only concern that I have is that I would prefer the mural not to be too political or socially-politicly critical so I think the mural should be neutral from the point of view. I think she can decide on all the other points and do it as she feels because its her mural. However, maybe muted may be better because of the colour of the greenish-brownish tiles in the staircase, but high color may revitalise the our staircase.

question 2: How would the painting process work?
It would be the best if she could come, but I think we could do it with a projector and it would be easier with the projector than putting the cartoon and paint. I dont even know how we could print or put up the cartoons.

So what do you think? How should we do it?

I attached some picture that she sent about her latest work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

scoutwinter

Re: the murals of Janet Braun-Reinitz

Post by scoutwinter » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:50 pm

awesome

colourful is best. i think a gentle political theme is good.
eg. people helping each other, not a big bloody war mural.

people helping each other DOES seem political, eh

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:10 pm

looking good !

martin
Heaven is a disaster

Lambchop , The Saturday option .

dan

Post by dan » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:42 pm

they look excellent
Our big brother's got no heart,
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose

milk

Post by milk » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:38 pm

ditto!
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

stephengoodall

Post by stephengoodall » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:20 pm

exciting
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.