Admin e-mail account[s]

Lynne

Admin e-mail account[s]

Post by Lynne » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:35 am

Also, I would really like to convert both my 'lynne@theforest.org.uk' e-mail account and the 'info@theforest.org.uk' e-mail account to googlemail.

This would mean that both admins could read the conversation thread in the 'info' account which deals with hall bookings and general enquiries. And for my personal Forest e-mail I could start organising stuff into separate folders which I can't do now with RoundCube.

Having networked computers and all our e-mail accounts on googlemail would make the admins' life much easier!

Thank you x

neil

Re: Fixing broken computers

Post by neil » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:54 pm

Can forest mail feed into a mail client? Couldn't Lynne just use Thunderbird or something, with Googlemail feeding in also?

milk

Re: Admin e-mail account[s]

Post by milk » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:07 pm

i'v ejust split this topic off to avoid confusion. here is my original reply to lynne;

regarding RoundCube - click on Settings then click on the Folders tab - that gives you the ability to add new subfolders to your inbox.

is that what you're looking for?

to make things easier for admin e-mail; currently info@ at forwards to the bristohall[at]yahoo account. it could be setup so that info@ is an actual theforest.org.uk inbox that both admins could access?

(the other option would be to let the other admin know the bristohall/yahoo password? saying that, it would be nicer to have anything done the same way)
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

milk

Post by milk » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:10 pm

to neil;

the admin account could feed into a mail client, but this might confuse things as there will be two admins with two machines again. unless lynne thinks this is something that could work?
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

Lynne

Post by Lynne » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:09 pm

Doh - I feel like a total dunce re: the Round cube e-mail account! It's very easy to use :)

But, I would still like the 'info' account to be coverted to Google mail if that's possible?

Because the admins are going to go back to sharing the hall hire, it would be really good if we could easily see what the other person has said/done.

Lynne

Post by Lynne » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:56 pm

I've just had a good look through all the settings options on Round Cube, and I'm not very impressed.

It seems that you can't put a signature on your e-mails, or a vacation notice.

I will look at the other two e-mail account options to see if they are any better. If not, I would really like to convert to Google mail.