firstly, appologies for not making the meeting on sunday.
here are some of the things i wanted to talk to you all about re the gallery and how i plan to do things.
1. there is very little need for a big buget every month, and it shouldnt carryover, i believe it once did. the gallery just doesnt need that kind of money, nor would it be right for it to get it. and obviously
2. there should be free communication between the gallery guys and everyone else, as forest people, we should all know as much as poss. whats going on in the place. i also think the gallery people need to be doing other jobs around the forest too, cafe shifts etc. and attending the meetings, ahem.....see top of page.
3. as for the name, it seems to me that its not actually the name that causes or has caused dischord between the gallery and the rest of the forest. the problem of TK seeming like a separate entity has been due to a lack of communication between these bodies.
i dont see how changing the name of the gallery would promote the forest as all correspondance/ publicity etc from TK states clearly that is part of/ in the forest.
by putting on really good shows, i want to get good artwork on display and i want to bring people to the forest who never knew about us or more importantly ever thought of coming in. that i think is what is important and what the gallery should be about.
would the cave going to loose its name and be the forest recording studio if this was to be enforced ?
it keeps things interesting to give areas of the bigger picture there own names.
4. i am trying to get the whole website situation ap and running. mikey is looking for the disks and i am slowly trawling through a build-your-own -website book. ive had 2 possibles re helping me make a site but that wont be until mid june at the earliest.
5. the tk group is aa irritating problem. im presently trawling through it, inspired by ryan's message on our site. im making a facistic cull of all the twats who waste mailbox space writting shite. hopefully it will become an interesting arena for chatting about art and such likes. this may take a wee bit of time though.
6. i have spent the last four months sourcing really good artists for this space. it is fully booked until dec/ jan. at anytime if anyone wants to know about there work, give me a shout.
8. finally, im concerned about august.....
whats the script with the stage idea? why, when a stage in the cafe is probably more appropriate? and do we have a months worth of good performers to show?
a huge rantypants iknow, i just wanted to share. jojo xxx-