Minutes Visual Arts Working Group Thurs 10th December 2009

Working group and other such Forest meeting minutes
User avatar
michaelbowdidge
Posts: 352
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: In the place, with everybody...

Minutes Visual Arts Working Group Thurs 10th December 2009

Postby michaelbowdidge » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:21 pm

Visual Arts working Group Meeting, 7.00 pm, Thursday 10th December 2009-12-10

Present: Mike, Mirja, Simone, Stephen. Apologies: Naomi.



Mirja suggested that it might be worthwhile to print some postcards as a possible fundraiser – they could be sold in the shop. It was agreed to look at this in detail at the January meeting.

AP: Mirja and Stephen to jointly handle the promotions side of the festival.

AP: Katalina Hausel to be offered first festival slot 29th July - 7th August 2010 (tk36) – Mirja to confirm dates with her.

AP: Culturerobot (2) confirmed for 6th September – 3rd October 2010 (tk39) – Mike to confirm dates with Kruno.

AP: Simone to email Connie Viney to chase up new submission from her as it was agreed that we all liked her previous submission,

AP: Mike to contact Krzysztof Brudlo and ask him for more details as to how he might show his work

AP: Stephen to contact Thomas Chung and ask him for more details as to how he might show his work

AP: Mike and Mirja to try to attend FWG meetings as we are currently without a bottomliner. Mike can make the FWG meeting next Monday Mirja thinks she might able to make the January one depending on the date (yet to be fixed).

AP: Stephen to contact Richard Newman and Brian Cheesman to offer them two week slots as part of TK31: April Is The Cruellest Month.
0 x
I'll take your brain to another dimension...

User avatar
stephengoodall
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:29 pm

Re: Minutes Visual Arts Working Group Thurs 10th December 2009

Postby stephengoodall » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:11 pm

did anyone volunteer to contact icecreamvanman to see about a potential future show?
0 x
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.

simone
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:47 am

Re: Minutes Visual Arts Working Group Thurs 10th December 2009

Postby simone » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:35 am

i have just relooked at his paintings and i really like them, they appeal to the fact that geography was always my favourite subject at school!
i would like to offer him a slot as the majority of us were happy with his work. maybe we could offer him TK32, the may slot?
i would be happy to be his contact.
0 x
I saw two shooting stars last night, i wished on them, but they were only satellites.
is it wrong to wish on space hardware?
(Billy Bragg)

simone
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:47 am

Re: Minutes Visual Arts Working Group Thurs 10th December 2009

Postby simone » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:53 am

i know i sound like a broken record but could someone make sure they put on the night managers forum about the blinds in the gallery.

we have installed blinds in the gallery in order that at weekends when it is busy and people sometimes go a little crazy, that the gallery can be shut off.
in recent months there has been problems with work being stolen and damaged and this is a way of protecting the artists work, who have put a show on for free and often travelled from afar (like the magi) to do so.
the blinds can be attached at the bottom in clips so they don't sway about and in the day if the strings could be tied neatly away on the hooks at the side of the doors to stop people getting caught in them, would be great.
thanks
0 x
I saw two shooting stars last night, i wished on them, but they were only satellites.
is it wrong to wish on space hardware?
(Billy Bragg)

User avatar
stephengoodall
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:29 pm

Re: Minutes Visual Arts Working Group Thurs 10th December 2009

Postby stephengoodall » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:10 pm

I can repost it to that forum- what times are we aiming to have them closed for?
0 x
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.

simone
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:47 am

Re: Minutes Visual Arts Working Group Thurs 10th December 2009

Postby simone » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:28 pm

thanks stephen
i don't know wether to state a specific time or leave it to the discretion of the night managers. maybe 8pm? they are usually fairly busy setting up when the come in at 7pm.
if we are at the forest on weekend nights and happy to invigilate then it can stay open. and also for closing parties obviously.
the night managers should also feel free to close the blinds any night where it is very busy and they feel work may be at risk.
0 x
I saw two shooting stars last night, i wished on them, but they were only satellites.
is it wrong to wish on space hardware?
(Billy Bragg)

simone
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:47 am

Re: Minutes Visual Arts Working Group Thurs 10th December 2009

Postby simone » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:19 am

what are peoples thoughts about the ice cream guy?
see above
0 x
I saw two shooting stars last night, i wished on them, but they were only satellites.
is it wrong to wish on space hardware?
(Billy Bragg)

User avatar
stephengoodall
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:29 pm

Re: Minutes Visual Arts Working Group Thurs 10th December 2009

Postby stephengoodall » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:36 pm

I am keen to show his work
0 x
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.

simone
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:47 am

Re: Minutes Visual Arts Working Group Thurs 10th December 2009

Postby simone » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:19 pm

i contacted connie viney about her cake proposal, she has not got back in contact with me as yet
0 x
I saw two shooting stars last night, i wished on them, but they were only satellites.
is it wrong to wish on space hardware?
(Billy Bragg)


Return to “Minutes”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest